“Love Spoodles for Breakfast (Last Visit Average)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spoodles - CLOSED

Spoodles
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas
“Love Spoodles for Breakfast (Last Visit Average)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

We have had breakfast at Spoodles for breakfast at least 4 times during 3 trips to Disney World over the last year.

3 of the 4 experiences were really great! The coffee was great, the breakfast really delicious and the atmosphere really nice - a mixed Mediterranean decor that we really like.

The prices seem to be much more reasonable than many other sit-down restaurants at Disney, and since we usually stay at the Boardwalk this is great option for us.

I will say that our last experience (October, 2007) was not very good. We chalked it up to the fact that we were practically the first customers in the restaurant in the morning and that can sometimes mean that everything isn't really ready to make the best possible food.

All the other times we have been to Spoodles for breakfast were really great. We will go again next time and make sure we give it some time for the restaurant to get up and running before we eat. Hopefully things have not just simply gone down hill since our last visit, in April 2007.

6 Thank DallasTraveler06

Orlando, Florida
“Lots of Potential, But Not Very Good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

I agree with the last review. Spoodles is located on Disney's Boardwalk. It's a simple restaurant where you are served. The kitchen is open so you can see your food being made. I dined there while here on training, staying at the Dolphin Hotel. See my review of that place!

Anyway - the menu itself looks very appetizing. Mediterranean steak, poultry, fish dishes. It smells good when you walk in, with open fired-brick ovens.

The Greek Salad was good, and the bread with the olive oil spread was good as well. I ordered the steak-kabobs at the advice of the waiter. I ordered it medium-well and they were cooked very very well done. It smelled good, but the curry-based sauce was bland.

The waiter was nice, but took forever to bring my food. It was just me dining, so it was not a large order! I had to ask repeatedly for my tea to be refilled. And then my waiter disappeared for 20 minutes at the end of the meal. I finally had to ask another waiter to find my waiter.

The food is expensive, as one would expect at a Disney Resort. Steak-kabobs, greek salad, and an unsweet tea was $35. Kids are welcome - they have a kid's menu with pizza, kabobs, and grilled chicken, but it's $7.95.

I would not recommend this restaurant at this point. Instead, head into the Dophin hotel and eat a Shula's steakhouse.

4 Thank wwills
Bar Harbor, Maine
“GREASY Breakfast!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

I usually try and start out with a positive note but there is none for this restaurant! The food is greasy! The waitress got my order wrong and never came back to fix it! I had to flag her down and remind her that I did not get what I was missing! Everything that we had (pancakes,eggs,etc) was greasy! You could taste the grease too! I would NOT recommend this to anyone!!

10 Thank thewearytravelers
East Haven, Connecticut
“Spoodles: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

What most people have to keep in mind is that Disney is all about attention to detail and keeping accommodations, attractions and restaurants as authentic to their origins as they can. When you think about authentic Mediterranean cuisine think Spoodles on Disney’s Boardwalk

After we stewed over the diverse menu of tastes from countries like Italy, Spain and Greece we decided that we would make our visit as authentic as possible and just order a few tapas. We ordered a four-cheese flatbread, fried calamari, margherita flatbread with beef slices, hummus and Mediterranean dips. Each of us also ordered a drink; Kathy ordered the Blue Spoodle, Theresa had a beer while Allison and I recommend a glass of the Tempranillo wine.

I found that the food at Spoodles was both unique and delicious, not to mention as authentically Mediterranean as food can be in central Florida. I would say that if you are planning on dining at Spoodles don’t go there expecting to taste the usual flavors from America, but rather to keep an open mind (and pallet) and experience how wonderful the rest of the world can taste.

10 Thank SimplyDisney
tampa
“A quality restaurant down the tubes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

Spoodles and its take out window for pizza and meatball subs used to be the highlight of our family visit to Disney Boardwalk. They even used to have an outstanding Breakfast Buffet and a 'make your own' pizza at the table.The menu has been scalped with the few remaining items either tasteless or overspiced !!! The pizza was of the Dominos variety only $3.75 A SLICE. The yelling of the food orders is hardly entertaining. Don't waste your money here. Eat all your meals at the Boardwalk Bakery fresh and delicious.

7 Thank xraytampa