“THE BEST STEAK AT DISNEY!”

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Ranked #99 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a dinner restaurant boasting high-grade steaks, succulent seafood, free-range chicken and juicy lamb dishes. The menu is rounded out with innovative children's choices for a satisfying family dining experience.A New England theme is the backdrop for this classic steakhouse where you can discover seasonal flavors every time you dine! Serving the best in quality, aged, grain-fed beef from the open kitchen that features a butchering room where the steaks are hand-cut, the chef has paired unique accompaniments with each entree, and the sommelier offers a wide selection of wines from both new- and old-world regions on the award-winning list.The Yachtsman Steakhouse takes special care of children's tastes with a menu that sports finger-licking grilled chicken strips, baked fish, pasta and grilled sirloin steak.For the finale, let the elegant dessert tray tempt you with creme brulee with rolled chocolate and fresh berries or seasonally inspired desserts.Watch chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen as you relax in leather seats amongst gleaming brass and polished woodwork beneath knotty-pine beams. This Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts restaurant is a top-deck experience for the entire family!
Reviewed September 1, 2010

As with most Disney restaurants, the service is fantastic and the food is top notch! The steaks were amazing! A little on the pricey side but well worth it!

There are newer reviews for Yachtsman Steakhouse

Reviewed August 29, 2010

This used to be a high end fine dinning restaurant where you wore nice clothes and you felt good to be able to eat there.. Now not so much. Shorts flip flops and old t shirt will make you feel right at home with this family style steak house.

I have been going to this steakhouse for over 10 years. My wife and I spend special occasions in the Disney area. Yachtsman has always been one of our top five for dress up fine dinning and a great meal without the Disney family noise and hassle. We have had some romantic meals here in the past and brought friends and colleagues here for nice dinners and never a complaint in all times of the year especially the week before school goes in at the end of summer which is my wife's birthday. This place was truly a treat....

Now it's not the same.. Something has changed. the noise was amazing we thought at times there may have been music playing but we could not quite make it out.. The kids were all over the place literally running around. Honestly I thought we were at a character dinner or something. Our seating for 2 for a romantic birthday table with way in advance reservations was back in the back near a door that was heavily trafficked. Some of the folks eating there looked as though they came right out of the Disney Parks on a 95 degree summer day. If our seating had not been changed we would have left. We asked to be moved and they found us a not so busy area table that would work still noisy as hell but better.

Our waitress was great and apologized for the changes they have made to make the place to make it more attractive for families with small kids and lower budget visitors through meal plans and what not. Frankly we were not amused.

The food was still very good in fact, way past the atmosphere. It was high end steak house food in a McDonalds setting but the prices were still VERY high, our meals were 65.00 a piece with no alcohol.... I was concerned at first that the quality of food may go down hill with the clientele but it had not.

I recommend..
Families this place, like most in Disney is now for you. Go and enjoy a very expensive fantastic meal where they don't mind your kids making all kinds of noise and even running around from table to table.

Anyone else desiring a nice maintained atmosphere where folks actually dress to go there.... Look elsewhere..

We are hugely disappointed this was a favorite.

2  Thank Steven L
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We went here for our 5 year anniversary dinner. We knew the price up front but we came here because my husband loves lobster bisque and this was one of only a few restaurants on Disney property that serves it.

We had a wonderful waiter. I wish I could remember his name. We each ordered water to drink and then ordered the lobster bisque as an appetizer. To be perfectly honest, the soup tasted like campbell's tomato soup with some lobster in it. I was very disappointed but I do not like to complain in a restaurant unless something is really wrong. $9 EACH for that. Sigh. I ordered the New York Strip and my husband ordered the Porterhouse. When I received mine and began to eat it, I found it incredibly salty. Having a salty craving while being pregnant wouldn't normally bug me, but this was so salty it made me cringe. I did complain about this to the waiter. He apologized profusely and took it to the kitchen to have them cook me another one. When he brought it out, it was rare. Normally medium rare is good for me, except that I am pregnant so I don't like to risk too rare of meat. He apologized again and had it sent back. When he brought it back out it was perfect. Unfortunately by that time I was kind of full. I only ate a little. I didn't touch the potato gratin because it was unappealing to me. Our server wrapped up both my and my husband's leftover steaks. We did not order dessert but they brought us a plate with "Happy Anniversary" dusted in cocoa on it and 4 tiny little....not sure what you would call them...cubes. Two were a mango gel flavored (ick) and two tasted like a salted chocolate caramel or something. It was kind of pointless and silly.

So, overall, I would not return here again.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Try it. You'll like it. Our favorite place to go at WDW. They've upgraded to USDA Prime steaks in recent years and now it's even better. From the start -- onion popovers with the most delectable roasted garlic to schmeer all over them -- to the last bite of steak, it's terrific. The steaks are always cooked to perfection and if they're the slightest bit tough, the manager will take care of it in a matter of minutes. Only once in about 12 trips have we had to send back a steak -- a NY strip that was too fatty. A manager took care of it and checked back on us repeatedly to make sure we were happy. We were. We've tried every cut of steak here, and every one is sublime. The potatoes au gratin are decadent, the farmhouse tomato salad with micro basil is a favorite, and the wine selection is great. We're usually too full for dessert, but sometimes save room for the reliably tasty creme brulee (dessert menu changes from time to time). We like to go after 8:30 p.m., when families with kids are heading out and the crowd is thinning. The service is more attentive and it's quieter. Ask for a table in the atrium -- at 9 p.m. you can see the Epcot fireworks while you slice your steak and sip your wine. Also, the old-style yacht house woodwork on the ceiling is amazing. We go back to this place time and again, and are never disappointed. The bar, attached but next door, the Crew's Cup Lounge, also offers most of the menu and it's a really great bar experience. One of Disney's hidden gems. If you're drooling for steak, it's a must. Note, there is a dress code; see their webpage at disney.com.

1  Thank JZ_Orlando
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I had high hopes for this restaurant, as I love steak, however, I would have to say that I have had better steaks at Outback!! We did have a filet at the Hollywood Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios a few days later, and it was WAY better than this restaurant (and better than Outback...) I had a chocolate trio for dessert as well, that was mediocre at best. For this kind of place, I would have expected a really intense chocolate flavor, and maybe some creativity in mixing flavors, but it was basically bland milk and white chocolate. My son had a gelato trio, however, that was delicious, and they have a kids dessert that is a white chocolate "puzzle" that you can "paint," which my daughter enjoyed.

If you are going to spend big bucks at Disney for a night out, I would opt for California Grill instead.