“Great Filet Mignon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yachtsman Steakhouse

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Ranked #109 of 3,744 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a dinner restaurant boasting high-grade steaks, succulent seafood, free-range chicken and juicy lamb dishes. The menu is rounded out with innovative children's choices for a satisfying family dining experience.A New England theme is the backdrop for this classic steakhouse where you can discover seasonal flavors every time you dine! Serving the best in quality, aged, grain-fed beef from the open kitchen that features a butchering room where the steaks are hand-cut, the chef has paired unique accompaniments with each entree, and the sommelier offers a wide selection of wines from both new- and old-world regions on the award-winning list.The Yachtsman Steakhouse takes special care of children's tastes with a menu that sports finger-licking grilled chicken strips, baked fish, pasta and grilled sirloin steak.For the finale, let the elegant dessert tray tempt you with creme brulee with rolled chocolate and fresh berries or seasonally inspired desserts.Watch chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen as you relax in leather seats amongst gleaming brass and polished woodwork beneath knotty-pine beams. This Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts restaurant is a top-deck experience for the entire family!
Bethpage, New York
“Great Filet Mignon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very crowded and convenient at the Yacht Club without having to go back to the park for dinner. Perfect Filet and finished with an Oh My God chocolate dessert

Visited March 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Delicious, Accommodating, and Attentive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I ate dinner here in February 2014 and it was fabulous. One of the best meals that either of us has ever had. Truly!

Our reservation was made a few weeks in advance, and we were seated upon our arrival. Service was attentive without being intrusive, and our food was so very delicious. One of the things that really made this wonderful for us was the fact that they were able to accommodate our dairy allergies. Disney is generally pretty good about this; the chef comes out and talks to you about what you can and can't have. At several other Disney restaurant locations, it was all about removing the components you can't have until you're left with half of a complete dish. At Yachtsman's, they had the EarthBalance (non-dairy) butter available, so each of the food items could be cooked in that, plus we could have butter on our bread! Maybe this isn't exciting to you but we were thrilled. Our steaks (porterhouse and filet mignon) were cooked to perfection, as were the sides and appetizers. We'll be glad to return here for dinner.

• Visited February 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Try the 24oz Porterhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've eaten three times at the Yachtsman and never had a bad meal. The 24oz porterhouse to melt in the mouth and the cowboy fries are nice. The decor and atmosphere is lovely and you don't get many people with the "park clothes". I need to go back to try again, I miss the Yachtsman.

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“WOW! I have been wrong for years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

About two years ago I had a really bad experience here the service was poor steaks were average and the atmosphere seemed a little dated..... well let me tell you this trip was 180 degrees different!!!!!!

This meal was absolutely phenomenal of of the best I have had in all of WDW! Ricardo was our server and he was simply amazing! The overall decor got a little update and it looked very fresh and new! We had views of Storm a long bay the pool/water park at the Yacht and Beach Club this was a very very cool view, also we could see over to the Boardwalk one of my favorite places in WDW!

Onto the food:
To start they had an excellent salad made from leaves from living with the land something cool for a Disney geek like myself.
The main course we ordered steaks and they were excellent I absolutely loved the Porterhouse, and the mac and cheese was superb!
For dessert I ordered the creme brûlée which was light and fresh and a great way to finish the meal!

Honestly I would say I enjoyed Yachtsman a lot!!! I have always said that Shula's is the best steakhouse in WDW but after this meal Yachtsman replaces it as my new favorite steakhouse on property!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Chuck B
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Really good steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very good steak! I had the strip steak and my wife had the prime rib, we shared the charcuterie board for an appetizer (Citricos' charcuterie was better), and we got a side of truffle mac n cheese, which was incredible. Overall it was a really good meal, our server was very nice, and we liked the ambiance, but, I just wasn't blown away.

• Visited March 2014