“Tasty Steaks, Nice selection of Wines by the glass and bottle”

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Ranked #98 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a dinner restaurant boasting high-grade steaks, succulent seafood, free-range chicken and juicy lamb dishes. The menu is rounded out with innovative children's choices for a satisfying family dining experience.A New England theme is the backdrop for this classic steakhouse where you can discover seasonal flavors every time you dine! Serving the best in quality, aged, grain-fed beef from the open kitchen that features a butchering room where the steaks are hand-cut, the chef has paired unique accompaniments with each entree, and the sommelier offers a wide selection of wines from both new- and old-world regions on the award-winning list.The Yachtsman Steakhouse takes special care of children's tastes with a menu that sports finger-licking grilled chicken strips, baked fish, pasta and grilled sirloin steak.For the finale, let the elegant dessert tray tempt you with creme brulee with rolled chocolate and fresh berries or seasonally inspired desserts.Watch chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen as you relax in leather seats amongst gleaming brass and polished woodwork beneath knotty-pine beams. This Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts restaurant is a top-deck experience for the entire family!
Reviewed January 28, 2014

When we first walked in the restaurant we got a very strange vibe from the hostess who was a little strange. But once we sat down and our waitress came over all was good. she was attentive but not overly so. She seemed to have a reasonable handle on both the food and the wine list.
We started with the lobster bisque which lacked any larger chunks of lobster but the flavor and consistency was good.The steaks were very tasty the potato sides slightly dry but still good. The desert was to die for and a nice light sweet to finish (recommended by our server). While you will not confuse this as one of the great steakhouses in America, it was a darn good meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We travelled to Disney for our honeymoon last year so decided to book a number of signature dining meals for the occasion, the Yachtsman Steakhouse was one of them.

Unfortunately we started our evening with a rather hectic trip to the Yacht Club which resulted in us being 10 mins late for our reservation, however the staff were lovely about it and it really wasn’t a problem. I would make sure you allow plenty of time if you are using the Disney transportation to travel to this hotel. It took us 1 hr 30 mins to get from POFQ to YC (I explain this in my detail in my review of POFQ if you are interested in reading it).

The restaurant is very well themed and has a nice relaxed feel to it whilst still feeling like a signature restaurant. When you book see if you can request a window seat as you can see the 9pm fireworks.

We received such a warm welcome from the staff when we arrived and they gave us personalised menus saying congratulations which was a lovely way to start the meal and it was nice to have a keepsake to take home with us.

I had lobster bisque to start which was very tasty, followed by the fillet mignon which was cooked to perfection and honestly the best steak I’ve ever had. We were too full for dessert but our waitress bought out a selection of complementary chocolates as it was a special occasion. These went down very well!

After dinner we went outside to take a look at the pool area which is beautiful and well worth a look. There is a decking area with rocking chairs which is the perfect place to sit and let your dinner go down.

They really went all out to make this a special night for us and it worked because this was our favourite meal of the whole trip.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We booked a meal here as opposed to Le Cellier as we were meeting friends without park passes. The food was above average. However, the atmosphere in the restaurant was loud and hectic and the service was abysmal. We were ignored for long periods of time. Having eaten in most of the Disney World restaurants, I would recommend California Grill, Hollywood Brown Derby, Le Cellier and a number of others before dining at Yachtsman.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed at Disney's Yacht Club resort mainly due in part to our reservations at the Yachtsman Steakhouse for 2 birthdays in our party. What a fabulous meal. It started with a bottle of Pinfolds Bin Shiraz and a basket of sourdough rolls and onion and cheese biscuits shared amongst the 4 of us.

For our apps we ordered the beet salad and artisanal cheese plate. After the longing looks from our friends, I broke down and shared my cheese on some of the breads it came with making them bites of blue cheese and real honeycomb and the french sheep's milk cheese on the onion bread, and we all oooohed and awwwed over it. I am a great friend.

All 3 ordered steak (rib-eye and New York strips) with sides of twice baked potatoes or bone marrow depending on the kind of steak, and none left a scrap of food behind. I, on the other hand, chose the carrot pasta. Our waiter lit up when I asked what it was all about, and couldn't help but change my order after his description....with no regrets. Pillows of pasta filled with pureed parsnips glued to the plate with the most flavorful carrot puree. The carrot foam was unnecessary, but I could have had a bowl of the carrot puree and been in heaven. Wonderful.

Two ordered dessert and French pressed coffee, which came in individual French presses. It was so decadent and the service was impeccable. We compared it to one of our favorite meals here in town, and should be listed as one of the top meals at Disney. I know our crew loves The Canadian Le Cellier but this tops it as Disney for me. Amazing from start to finish. Wonderful and attentive service, and aged, beautiful beef.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had dinner here during our September stay at the Yacht Club. Our original dinner reservations had been for Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, but after a relaxing day at the pool, pure laziness led us to cancel in favor of the convenience of the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

First off, I'll note that the Yachtsman Steakhouse is a very family-friendly signature restaurant. While that is convenient for families (and it IS Disney after all!), part of the reason we pay for signature restaurants in Disney is to get a little adult time away from the kiddies. That said, the Yachtsman Steakhouse was one of the noisier signature restaurants I've visited. It felt a little more chaotic and a little more cramped. The atmosphere, while very nice and appropriate for a nautical theme, did not feel exactly upscale.

The food was very good, and I enjoyed my steak very much. We ordered a few sides - the standout was the truffle mac & cheese! Service was also very good, but not exceptional. Our server made sure we had everything we needed, but was (by no fault of his own) too busy in a crowded restaurant to be overly friendly or helpful.

Overall, I wouldn't write home about my experience here, but depending on the circumstances, I would probably return. This is definitely a more casual signature dining experience, and there's nothing wrong with that -- just don't go in looking for a truly upscale dining experience. That being said, if I was traveling with kids and looking for a family friendly environment to get a good steak, I'd go back. But if I was just looking for the best steak that Disney has to offer, I'd walk ten minutes to Epcot and go to Monsieur Paul or Le Cellier.