“Very nice place.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a dinner restaurant boasting high-grade steaks, succulent seafood, free-range chicken and juicy lamb dishes. The menu is rounded out with innovative children's choices for a satisfying family dining experience.A New England theme is the backdrop for this classic steakhouse where you can discover seasonal flavors every time you dine! Serving the best in quality, aged, grain-fed beef from the open kitchen that features a butchering room where the steaks are hand-cut, the chef has paired unique accompaniments with each entree, and the sommelier offers a wide selection of wines from both new- and old-world regions on the award-winning list.The Yachtsman Steakhouse takes special care of children's tastes with a menu that sports finger-licking grilled chicken strips, baked fish, pasta and grilled sirloin steak.For the finale, let the elegant dessert tray tempt you with creme brulee with rolled chocolate and fresh berries or seasonally inspired desserts.Watch chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen as you relax in leather seats amongst gleaming brass and polished woodwork beneath knotty-pine beams. This Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts restaurant is a top-deck experience for the entire family!
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a great meal at the Yachtsman - one of our best at Disney - but were not impressed with the steak. The appetizers were wonderful and they have a great wine list. They make their own sausages and cured meats and it shows. Wonderful Cesar salad. Our NY prine strip steak just did not have enough flavor to justify the price. I will order something different next time for our entree. Great place.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had a great meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse! Our steaks were made perfectly to order and the salads and sides were great. I will say that it's a little expensive for what you get but it was probably the best meal we had while at Disney. The wine list is great too. My kids ordered grilled fish and veggies, the fish looked great. It was nice to have options that weren't fried!!! It's hard to find that in Disney so it was nice to find something that I felt good about feeding my kids. Even though we were with our kids we didn't feel out of place or like we were bothering anyone.
They did have an issue with our reservation - I reserved for 4 but we were checked in as 2 which led to a problem with getting us seated but overall it was a good experience. Our waiter was also very polite and not fake nice as some of the Disney staff tends to be.
I will go back if we stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband & I took our 2 teenage boys to Disney World for Christmas Vacation 2012. We've vacationed at WDW many times and we love the dinning plan, especially with teenagers. I always plan our meals and make reservations before our trip. We love several different WDW restaurants but our meal at the Yatchmans Steakhouse was the best we've EVER had at WDW, and we are VERY picky. The 4 of us ordered steaks and they were amazing. We def will eat at this restaurant on our next trip.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I visited this place while visiting Disney World in February 2013. We were not staying at the Yacht club, but came for drinks. As we sat in the bar, we could see the room where the steaks are kept, and we asked about a reservation for the following evening, and we happily surprised to get one for 7:30 pm.

We were on vacation, and we didnt pack anything too fancy for dinner, but they just say no beach wear, you can wear shorts, jeans, etc. They took us right on time for our reservation. They explained about their steaks and menu.

Their drinks were very good and different. The steak was phenomenal, as were the sides. I had a filet, as did my husband. Many places sear a steak, and I dont like that. I requested it not be seared, and it was prepared exactly as I wanted it. The service was great, too. Our waitress was very friendly. I would go back again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My family was at Walt Disney World for several days on the Deluxe Dining Plan. On that plan, we went to several of Disney's signature restaurants. The Yachtsman Steakhouse was our favorite. The location is great and the ambiance in the restaurant is nice. The steaks, coffee, and desserts were delicious. But what really made our dinner here stand out was the service. Our server was attentive, friendly, and made us really feel welcome. I definitely recommend a visit to the Yachtsman.