“Wonderful New Year's meal at my favorite Disney hotel”

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Ranked #97 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a dinner restaurant boasting high-grade steaks, succulent seafood, free-range chicken and juicy lamb dishes. The menu is rounded out with innovative children's choices for a satisfying family dining experience.A New England theme is the backdrop for this classic steakhouse where you can discover seasonal flavors every time you dine! Serving the best in quality, aged, grain-fed beef from the open kitchen that features a butchering room where the steaks are hand-cut, the chef has paired unique accompaniments with each entree, and the sommelier offers a wide selection of wines from both new- and old-world regions on the award-winning list.The Yachtsman Steakhouse takes special care of children's tastes with a menu that sports finger-licking grilled chicken strips, baked fish, pasta and grilled sirloin steak.For the finale, let the elegant dessert tray tempt you with creme brulee with rolled chocolate and fresh berries or seasonally inspired desserts.Watch chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen as you relax in leather seats amongst gleaming brass and polished woodwork beneath knotty-pine beams. This Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts restaurant is a top-deck experience for the entire family!
Reviewed January 3, 2013

After 2 years in a row at Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney, we thought it was time to try another place for our NYE meal. Fulton's was very good ( 1st time better than last year), but it took us an HOUR just to get out of the parking out at DD on NYE with 20 million others....

We made a reservation in my favorite Disney hotel, The Yacht & Beach Club, at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. It was a price-fixed meal at $75 pp, and since other places I looked were DOUBLE and even more, this sounded good. Plus we had eaten here twice before, and loved it.

Service was terrific with Al as our waiter, and a gal from Japan ( forgot her name, sorry!). We had a seafood appetizer first which consisted of crab, shrimp & lobster with 2 sauces to dip in. We also got VERY hot & yummy bread, butter & garlic before our appetizer...the appetizer was delicious..next came a choice of caesar salad or lobster bisque..again very good...the choices for entrees included filet mignon, rib-eye steak, NY Strip, a chicken dish, Sea Bass & pasta dish. I had the NY strip along with my wife, my soon to be brother-in-law, and my sister-in-law had the Bass. The steaks came with potatoes au-gratin and mushrooms & brussel sprouts ( last two items I hate, but what the heck). The Au-gratin potatoes were hot and awesome...but the real winner here was the NY Strip, which Al, our waiter, suggested along with the rib-eye. It was cooked PERFECTLY for me, charred on the outside, a bit pink in the middle with the juices running down my fork with every bite.

Dessert was terrific, as well. It consisted of indiviual plates, each containing a Flan, chocolate brownie, a marshmallow brownie ( fantastic!) , fruit, and another small dessert item, that I didn't know what it was, but it was good...we left stuffed and very satisfied. Then a nice walk around the beautiful grounds of the Disney resort, then off to see the fireworks at the Grand Floridian Hotel for NYE...We will be coming back again to the Yachtsman Steakhouse again....

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I were actually looking forward to this evening (Christmas Eve dinner) and had heard great things about the place. Our first surprise was finding out upon arriving that there was a set menu for the evening. Now, there is not particularly anything wrong with a set menu, but there were two problems for us. First, it would have been nice to have been notified in advance that there would be a set menu. Granted, we made our reservations online during the summer, but they did have our email address as part of the reservation process. Would it have been so hard to notify diners through the emails we all provided? Second, even that issue would have been minor if the menu had actually been that good. While the amuse bouche of duck sausage was fine, the lobster bisque was way too salty at the start and way to peppery at the finish of each spoonful. The roe mousse did not do much for the flavor except make it excessively fishy (not really what you want in a lobster bisque). I found my steak (a New York Strip) to be average and the sides...well, what can you say about mushrooms and brussels sprouts? I tried my wife's mashed potatoes, and if they were not instant, they were the closest I have found in a while. The Buche de Noel was ok, if that is your thing, and the wines were fine. So, we were left with a bill for $250.00 for a meal that was, at least for us and several other diners around us, something less than what we had hoped for. Actually, I really felt for the families who were there. I understand that at a steakhouse, the menu must be more than hotdogs and pizza, but the set menu locked parents into paying for meals that their kids would not eat or forced parents to into whatever they do to persuade/force their kids to eat. As for the service, our server was indifferent and took forever to attend to us-I suppose she was having to deal with irate diners who were surprised at the set menu (I saw her having to engage in what passed for customer relations with several diners during the evening). Finally, to those who might ask, "Well, why didn't you just leave when you found out about the menu?", it is hard to find reservations on the fly on Christmas Eve at Disney and there is a charge to your credit card if you cancel too close to reservation time or do not show. However, I wish I had just taken the charge when viewed in retrospect. I doubt I will be going back there again.

1  Thank Scott G
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had a great dinner here. You pay but you get what you pay for. Only problem was getting there from the majic kingdom resorts. You will need 1.25 hrs and use 3 different modes of transport. If I had known that before I never would have come here. If you are staying in the boardwalk/epcot resorts, you are much closer and then it is worth the venture.
Food was excellent and so was service. Very attentive. The selection is strong in steaks and seafood.

1  Thank Northerntraveller10
Reviewed December 26, 2012

A great restaurant that has everything. Great ambience, fantastic service and varied menu. My husband had the ribeye with mash which he still raves about and the children's menu made a welcome change to some of the other restaurants, it offered steak, fish and chicken without a chicken nugget in sight! Good vegetarian menu too. The dessert for the children went down a storm, the Mickey puzzle with edible paint. The chef visited our table to discuss the gluten free menu, he was very knowledgeable and friendly. Although the Yachtsman is a more formal restaurant by Disney standards the staff are welcoming and you leave the restaurant having experienced a top notch meal out. Definitely give it a go. We preferred this to Narcoosees.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This place was HORRIBLE. Our meal took 3 hours and everything literally got worse as it went on.

Waitress was terrible. We sat there for 30 mins. before she took our drink order. Then she left and 20 mins later came back with everything wrong. Did nothing about it.

Took our order. 30 minutes later our apps came. They were not delivered by the waitress.

The shrimp was mushy - we complained, they did nothing. Salads were below average.

Our Steaks came out all wrong. One ordered the Porterhouse and got the Fillet. One got a steak that had been sitting out so long that the plate was even cold. One ordered Rare and got Medium Well. We sent back the cold steak. They put it on the grill and it came out Well Done and the side was now freezing cold. Pathetic.

The desert "log" was horrific. The creme brulee was the worst I have ever had on Disney property. And the ice cream was not even Dairy Queen quality.

I circled a tip and the waitress never came back with the change (I had no intention on tipping 35%!!!!) The manager told us that we should have complained earlier. (Come on! We did, the manager didn't come over until the end of the meal even after our we did complain.)

We never got a single drink refill. We watched two other tables get up and leave.

This place is HORRIBLE! Go elsewhere. It is a disaster.

5  Thank Lewis L