“A must for every Disney trip!”

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Ranked #159 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a dinner restaurant boasting high-grade steaks, succulent seafood, free-range chicken and juicy lamb dishes. The menu is rounded out with innovative children's choices for a satisfying family dining experience.A New England theme is the backdrop for this classic steakhouse where you can discover seasonal flavors every time you dine! Serving the best in quality, aged, grain-fed beef from the open kitchen that features a butchering room where the steaks are hand-cut, the chef has paired unique accompaniments with each entree, and the sommelier offers a wide selection of wines from both new- and old-world regions on the award-winning list.The Yachtsman Steakhouse takes special care of children's tastes with a menu that sports finger-licking grilled chicken strips, baked fish, pasta and grilled sirloin steak.For the finale, let the elegant dessert tray tempt you with creme brulee with rolled chocolate and fresh berries or seasonally inspired desserts.Watch chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen as you relax in leather seats amongst gleaming brass and polished woodwork beneath knotty-pine beams. This Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts restaurant is a top-deck experience for the entire family!
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love the Yachtsman. We try to go once during any trip to Disney, it feels like coming home. You are always greeted warmly and led to your table like at any fine restaurant. It's a steakhouse and their steaks are always amazing and cooked perfectly and the sides are complimentary and delicious. Service, in our experience, is always impeccable and dinner at the Yachtsman always is a relaxing, consistent and delicious, night out in the midst of a Walt Disney World Vacation.

1  Thank sleevesend
Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was a bit dubious about coming here based on some reviews, but we threw caution to the wind and I can say that this is the best restaurant steak I have had.

We were seated in a little booth that had two tables for two, with surrounding partitions to help drown the noise. Our server, Al, was great, one of those servers that only makes his presence known when needed. I went for the 28oz porterhouse, my wife chose the New York strip cut, both were cooked to perfection. The wine list is very well appointed for steaks, with numerous offerings by the glass, we had four different wines with our steaks to compare and contrast. Will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank Malefacent
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Received high recommendations for dinner here. I was very excited to see a nice restaurant that they family could enjoy a superb meal. It was also nice to see that the restaurant had a dress code posted. I'm not all that stuffy, but if I'm spending $300 on dinner, I don't want to sit next to someone in shorts, flip flops and a tshirt. Sadly, most of the restaurant's other patrons don't feel the same. Nonetheless, my well-dressed family and I enjoyed our dinner greatly. My porterhouse was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. The potatoes au gratin were a wonderful side dish as well. The bread basket was also a highlight. Sadly, the desserts were just average. They were good, but not amazing. I would suggest skipping dessert here and getting a sweet treat elsewhere. Additional note: the server was wonderful, but the process was a little slow. Not unusual for a nicer restaurant, but it took well over 2 1/2 hours for dinner.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Service is very helpful. We have eaten here many times. The food is always very good. We will return.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I recently returned from a trip to Disney and my visit to Yachtsman Steakhouse was the lowlight (highlight?) of my trip.
The food was good. Nothing really memorable to tell the truth but at the same time nothing about which to complain.
My memory of this restaurant will forever be the intoxicated table next to me. For over an hour it was cursing being screamed out and memorable sexual encounters being acted out. The whole time other diners were complaining to management and nothing was being done. I enjoy a good train wreck so none of this bothered me but I found it interesting that the establishment kept serving alcohol to this party. I can only assume that the managers thought the table's bar tab justified making every other diner uncomfortable.
So, if you're looking for unremarkable but good food and enjoy an interesting show, Yachtsman is the place for you.

2  Thank lut5556