“Enjoyed our meal here!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a dinner restaurant boasting high-grade steaks, succulent seafood, free-range chicken and juicy lamb dishes. The menu is rounded out with innovative children's choices for a satisfying family dining experience.A New England theme is the backdrop for this classic steakhouse where you can discover seasonal flavors every time you dine! Serving the best in quality, aged, grain-fed beef from the open kitchen that features a butchering room where the steaks are hand-cut, the chef has paired unique accompaniments with each entree, and the sommelier offers a wide selection of wines from both new- and old-world regions on the award-winning list.The Yachtsman Steakhouse takes special care of children's tastes with a menu that sports finger-licking grilled chicken strips, baked fish, pasta and grilled sirloin steak.For the finale, let the elegant dessert tray tempt you with creme brulee with rolled chocolate and fresh berries or seasonally inspired desserts.Watch chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen as you relax in leather seats amongst gleaming brass and polished woodwork beneath knotty-pine beams. This Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts restaurant is a top-deck experience for the entire family!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Enjoyed our meal here!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I made reservations for my husband and I for Yachtsman for a grown up meal. We left our son at the sandcastle club for a few hours so we could have a nice peaceful meal. We had made advance reservations and were seated promptly. Our server was fabulous. My husband ordered a glass of wine and I ordered a martini. She did ask for identification from me and only then did I discover that I had left it in the backpack at the kids club. I told her I was 38 but she still insisted she needed to see my identification which honestly made my day. My husband was a total sweetheart and ran all the way back to the kids club to get my ID so that I could enjoy a drink at dinner! I had the heirloom tomatoes and my husband had some kind of meat appetizer (can't remember the name of it). The tomatoes were pretty good. They could have used slightly a bit more balsamic but they were still good. My husbands appetizer was different...lol. Some parts he enjoyed others, not so much. We both ordered the strip steaks for our meal and thought they were pretty good. I do feel like we get better steaks here at home when we go to a nice steakhouse then we did on both occassions in Disney. My husband had some peanut butter chocolate dessert and I had the Sorbet. My husband said his was really good ( I hate peanut butter so didn't try it). I thought the sorbet was good. There was cranberry, pear and apple. I only ate the cranberry and thought it was really good! The food really was nothing spectacular, but our server was really wonderful and made the experience as a whole quite enjoyable. Much better than the meal we had at Narcoossee's.

Also - just want to mention that if you have kids and would like to enjoy an adult meal out, do not hesitate to utilize the kids club! Our son was at two and he LOVED his time at both!

• Visited October 2012

Palm Coast, Florida
“Expensive, but after all it is Disney!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I were at Disney for the annual food and wine festival. We made reservations for dinner at the recently remodeled Yachtsman earlier and were happy with the short 5 minute wait.
We were seated at a comfortable table for two and were immediately met by our waiter Brandon who was friendly, a Disney must, and very knowledgable with regards to the menu items.

We started with a drink and found them mixed perfectly as ordered.

We were served a basket of breads which included an especially good garlic bread.
For our appetizer we had the Charcuterie Board that was a delightful mix of Lamb Sausage, Suckling Pig, Cured Meats, sausages and various accoutrements, very tastey and I would recommend it.
For our entre we ordered the 12-oz New York Strip steak medium rare. The steak arrived perfectly cooked and was extremely tender and very, very flavorful, great!

Our dining experience was perfect, kudos to the staff and especially Brandon.

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save your money”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Poor service, average food ...the waitress spent most of time at the table next to ours complaining about her divorce and health problems.....when it came to the $43.00 ribeye, I kept waiting for the host to come out and say it was from wall mart.

1 Thank Raiders81
Jupiter, Florida
“One of the top meals at WDW”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is currently our favorite steakhouse on WDW property. Really thoughtful meals, with care taken on everything from the entree to the sides. Having eaten here several times over the summer we decided to return to Narcoossee for a family event and really regret not booking Yachtsman again. On our last trip the diversity of the bread basket was appealing (onion loaf, I miss you so) but the side we had of Fire Roasted Corn threatened to overshadow the entire meal. We asked the waitress to remove it because we could not stop eating the plentiful serving. Another highlight is the frequently changed cheese sampler, served with small complimenting crackers for tasting. With excellent meat quality and impeccable service, Yachtsman is a great choice for your splurge meal. While there is a dress code it's Disney and we saw families in casual clothes, formal clothes and business attire. If your small children have trouble with dining you might want to request seating in one of the outer rooms, but Yachtsman is still very family friendly. We had elementary aged children with us and they enjoyed everything as much as the adults.

• Visited July 2012
Berryville, Virginia
“Great Steak (that coming from a chicken lover)!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

On our first night at WDW recently we had dinner at the Yachtsman taking my 2.5 year old son as well. We were on the Disney Dining Plan so the price was not really an issue for us. We all had the NY Strip and they were each done to perfection (ranging from medium to well done). We also HAD to get a side serving of the truffle mac & cheese after reading all of the raving reviews. My little one had a pasta with red sauce that was a big hit. Our server was just wonderful and very helpful in making menu choices. Also when you are in the main dining room take the time to look up at the ceiling and really appreciate the beautiful woodwork!

• Visited September 2012