“Tiny & Tasty” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Trastevere

Cafe Trastevere
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Trastevere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,433 of 3,705 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Granada Court
Orlando
“Tiny & Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Very intimate setting, seating for maybe 30 in the whole place which is one room. My first aroma when seated was Clorox which isn't a bad thing, would have been nicer to experiance smells from the kitchen. Had the clams for apitizer and veal marsala for dinner, both very good, lots of garlic the way I like it. My family had entres from gnochi, lasagna to eggplant parmigiana, all very good. Taramsu for desert with an espresso, bueno! Add a bottle of wine and the four of us got out tip included for just under $200. Did I mention the intimate setting, granted I may speak a little loud, but I'm pretty sure everyone in the place enjoyed my stories.

Visited June 2013

Spring Lake, New Jersey
“Food was amazing! but eye your bill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We walked in to an empty place, but that was fine by me, we used a groupon and had excellent food, ok service and an automatic 20% gratuity, which I would have given anyway if the service was good, but should be my right not theirs since we were a party of 2 and the service of not 20%. But if you are willing to fine tooth your bill to make sure of weird charges places impose of today then I do say go, we had calamari to start the for our meal lobster ravioli and chicken with penne vodka. because the food was so good I had to give it a better rating, and the owners are off the boat Italian, which is a 5 star off the bat. but the service was lacking and for the price i'm used to 5 star.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chandler, Arizona
“What a find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We found this little restaurant by accident and we're pleasantly surprised. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was quaint and very "family-like". You litterally are eating in your grandmothers dining room. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is due to the inadequate air conditioning which is a necessity in the Orlando humidity.

Visited May 2013
Orlando, FL
“Nice Surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My friend and I went here on recommendations from friends as we were lookng to try someplace new before a show at Bob Carr. I don't get too excited over Italian restaurants because frankly, I can usually have better at home but Cafe Trastevere was a nice surprise. The dining room is extremely small so I would try to make reservations if possible. We started with the toasted ravioli which was just ok. It seems like your typical store bought fried ravioli so I would skip it and save your calories for the entree. I also got a small caesar salad which was fine. Here again, nothing special. What you have to go here for is the bread and the pasta! The fresh bread they bring to the table is a bread lovers dream. Crusty on the outside, yet warm and soft on the inside. They bring both butter and olive oil and balsamic for dipping. I love gnocchi so I had to try it. It was fantastic! The cheese sauce was creamy but flavorful with the sharp tang that good Italian cheeses have. The gnocchi themselves were soft with a good toothness without being gummy. I would go back for gnocchi and bread alone! My friend had the pasta carbonara which she thought was good but says she's had better. I thought it was good, but it was loaded with onions which I am not a fan of so I would have to get it without. What makes this carbonara different from others I have tried is the maple bacon they use gives a sweetness to the dish you don't expect. Of course we tried the tiramisu for dessert. I thought it was good but I make my own and I didn't think it was as good as mine. Don't know if that is a fair comparrison! Will definitely be back with boyfriend to try.

• Visited March 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Best Italian Food in Orlando!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is hands down the best Italian food in Orlando!!! As close as it gets to the real thing! Must get the Antipasto appetizer..

• Visited February 2013