“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Trastevere

Cafe Trastevere
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Trastevere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,860 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Granada Court
Portland, Oregon
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had dinner there on Saturday night. Food was good and so was the service. TYhis is a very good italian restaurant. Has the fetticinne arlfredo and si had the pork, Both was very nice. The cesaer salad dressing is unique for sure. Not the typical dressing. Will be back for sure
Want to apologize to the server, when we got home found out we didnt tip you right, on our next trip make we will make up for that.

• Visited November 2012

Orlando, Florida
“Feels like you are having dinner at your family's home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Quaint authentic ambiance. Authentic food with flavors you'd expect if you are from the Northeast. Personal service that is very attentive yet not over the top.

Family owned and operated, Cafe T is the secret spot downtown locals go to get away from the hustle. Their indoor and outdoor seating is cozy and unassuming. The friendly owners and staff always provide personal hospitality that is second to none.

New Port Richey, Florida
“Great family dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had dinner for 35 people the night before our son's wedding. Philippe was great in going over the arrangements with my wife making sure that all of our needs we met. The night of the dinner we walked from our hotel and went upstairs for dinner. We were a little disappointed to find two tables split by the stairscase...a minor issue that went away as soon as the dinner started.The antipasta was nice, the calimari was crisp and light, and the caprese salad was nice. The pasta course was tasty. The dinners came out in 3 waves for this large party, zuppa de pesce, filet mignon and chicken with a cheesy cream sauce.The dessert was great! The servers and the rest of the staff went to great lengths to accomodate our needs and special dietary requests. I would definitely not hesitate to book there again or dine in the lower restaurant when visiting the kids.

• Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Chose this restaurant because it was close to my hotel. I am glad I went. There were few patrons so service was not an issue. The food was excellent and so was the wine. I would definitely go again.

1 Thank Oli-Ben-Zani
Orlando, Florida
“HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I had our first date at Cafe Trastevere, and have been back several times together. It had become our special place, and we love going to cute, small, family-owned local businesses. The setting, service, and food were always fantastic, and we always enjoyed going there.
So, when we got engaged, Cafe Trastevere was our first pick for our rehearsal dinner. We thought it would be completely perfect since everything has always been so wonderful there and it had a special meaning for us that we could share with everyone.
I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in our rehearsal dinner from start to finish. In fact, I was embarrassed to have chosen this place and was apologizing to friends and family members for weeks. Our rehearsal dinner was in July, and of course it was hot. I guess the AC wasn't working that well in the upstairs private party room, so everyone was very sweaty and uncomfortable in suits and cocktail dresses. It must have been 95 degrees, because it was cooler outside than it was in there. The temperature alone was MISERABLE. People were standing by the AC vents just to get a breeze.
Next, they paired our party of 25 with two servers, one experienced one who was training the other one. (Why would they pick a large party on a Friday night to train someone?) The experienced trainer bolted halfway through service to take tables downstairs, and we didn't see her again until my husband went downstairs to complain to the owner. The trainee didn't know what she was doing to say the least.
We never got a menu (which I assumed they were going to put together for us), and when it was time to order, no one knew what our choices were. The trainee couldn't even explain them to our guests, so they were just picking entrees at random. The owner said that we didn't need a menu when we said something to him.
When the food finally came out, it was alright, but food was being sent out 5 plates at a time. Some people didn't get a plate until almost everyone was done, and my cousin never got the dish she ordered at all.

We only had one chance for a rehearsal dinner, and Cafe Trastevere BLEW IT BIG TIME. I don't think we'll ever go back there again, which is a shame because they were always so great when it was just my husband and I. Not a good place for a large party. Highly unorganized and unprepared even though we booked it months in advance. Do not have a large party at Cafe Trastevere because they will probably disappoint.

• Visited July 2012