“Best Chinese Food in Orlando Downtown”
Review of Lam's Garden

Lam's Garden
Ranked #1,461 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have been here many times. Every time the food is excellent. Service is good as well. The crew is always nice. Dim sum is a good choice if you are in the mood of some light cuisine. My favorite Chinese restaurant in Orlando.

1  Thank Ron L

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Staying in hotel, We ordered extra food so we can snack on steamed Buddhist Delight late night, morning cold vegetables. The took the order, made it with brown sauce anyway, "the only way we make it". The owner has hung up the phone before I could speak, twice, at 11 am, the next day. I called him a 8:05pm band he said we "make everything our way". Then why sell us steamed without telling us?

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My friend from China turned me onto this established restaurant. I seemed to be the only Westerner in the restaurant which to me is a great sign that authentic asian food is being served, family (Cantonese) style. We had a freshly steamed fish for the main course along with some of the best coated shrimp I've ever had. Very fresh food.

1  Thank Suzan S
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Restaurant was a clean as it gets. They serve dim sum every day and are very accomendating. VERY friendly staff and they help you with explanations should you need any. I went in the night before to get a dim sum menu to take back to my hotel so I would be familiar with their selections when I came in the next afternoon. Surprisingly, they remembered me. I had several dim sum items that I've never had anywhere else. The quality was excellant. You know the fish is fresh, because they have fish tanks up front which they use in their items.
Hours are great, pricing is average. The only draw back is if they are busy, there is very little parking, and you might have to walk down from the end of the shopping center.
UPDATE: On a return visit had even tastier food and a more pleasent experience than prior, if that is possible. Server Joe is TOP NOTCH!!! Enjoyed the Deboned Crispy Duckling dinner. So crispy you can hear the crunch! There was too much food and ended up eating the remainder for dinner the following day.
Also re-enjoyed the dim sum the following day. Of particular delight was the 1,000 yr. egg congee! Fantastic flavors and cooked to order. Beware this is extremely filling. Cleanliness was an A+. This is now my favorite Asian restaurant in FL.

1  Thank parrot2head
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just came back from Orlando. The second dinner was in this restaurant because in previous visits the food tasted OK. However this time it turned out to be a horrible experience. The steam live fish, which was suggested by them (told us the one we ordered was sold out), was dead since the dish gave stinky smells. Even worse, the dish was charged >$30 which they did not tell us at all. At that time I understood why they said the one I ordered was sold out because it was only half price of the fish and marked on the menu.
The second day my wife and I did not feel well and we stayed in the resort for a whole day! I shared my story with my friends and told them to stay away from this restaurant.