“Pleasantly surprised!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Artist Point

Artist Point
Ranked #92 of 3,724 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Myers, Florida
“Pleasantly surprised!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I knew we were eating at a signature restaurant at our Walt Disney Resort; but I didn't realize how incredible the food would be. To top it all off the service was quick and the atmosphere was very kid-friendly. We started off with an Artisan Cheese Platter. Only 3 cheeses but very scrumptious. My husband and I shared both a filet mignon entree and seared diver scallops. The scallops came with a perfectly done asparagus risotto. The filet was served with hominy-lobster grits that was so creamy and delicious. We ended our meal with a chocolate trio that included a chocolate panna cotta. The service was quick and my kids were content (the kids menu is full of choices).

2 Thank Pebbles079

Bangor, ME
“Top restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I ate here by myself last week and really enjoyed it. It's part of Disney's Wilderness Lodge, whose lobby definitely needs to be seen--it's very impressive. So is this restaurant. My appetizer was a slab of bacon with an egg on top and, despite the fat and calories (or perhaps because of them), was utterly delicious. My entree was swordfish dish, and my dessert had three small types of chocolate. Both these dishes were also really impressive. Service was attentive, and the noise level was fairly low or at worst average considering this restaurant is in a Disney hotel and was pretty crowded. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely want to eat here again if I am in the area again.

1 Thank Soxfanfrommaine
St. Louis, , Missouri, USA
“Expected a better meal from Disney Signature Dining”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Of the three meals ordered two were overcooked. The filet mignon was ordered medium and had no pick center. The swordfish was also grilled too long resulting in a dry, less-than-memorable main course. The highlights of the meal were the mushroom soup, sourdough bread, asparagus risotto and the cobbler. We enjoyed many good meals at Disney on our trip I have no reason to try Artist Point again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tracy W
Orlando, Florida
“Easily one of the best in Orlando!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is definitely a go-to restaurant for special occasions! We celebrated my father-in-law's 80th birthday and Mother's Day here this year. The food is always outstanding - fresh ingredients prepared and presented creatively which showcase the theme of the Wilderness Lodge resort. Service is on a par with any high-end restaurant along with the little touches that set Disney apart from the crowd. Don't be afraid to make special requests because in my experience they will move mountains to make it happen. Yes, the dress may be a bit more casual than at other restaurants of this caliber but I find it appropriate given the location.

Poconos, PA
“Two Superb Meals - Amazing Service - Disney at its Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had heard nice things about Artist Point - and seen the good reviews, so were looking forward to finally sampling it.

We had an excellent first meal - split the Bacon appetizer, had Buffalo steak and Filet Mignon for main courses, and the Cobbler for desert. Everything was perfect and the staff attentive.

About a week later, my foodie MD brother-in-law was in for a conference - so we went back. Since he has some minor food allergies, the chef came out to talk with us. He tipped us off that the signature Salmon was out-of-season (ie:frozen, not fresh) but that he had some wonderful Tuna.

Wow - was that a great recommendation! Japanese style with soba noodles (although served in an odd-shaped plate that was a bit tippy). My better half had the Filet Mignon a second time. Dessert was the Cobbler. No contest. It is really, really that good.

Our waiter could have taught a graduate-school seminar on customer service. Every action, every phrase, his handling of other tables, all were fascinating to watch - especially when you recognized the deep level of professional skill he was demonstrating. Disney quality.

So - two flawless meals with excellent service. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013