“Our Favorate Food at Disney”
Review of Artist Point

Artist Point
Ranked #108 of 3,792 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Our Favorate Food at Disney”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went to Disney as a combination birthday/anniversary/vacation and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Artist Point is their signature dining restaurant.

Dinner at Artist Point is always something we look forward to. We were there for my birthday treat. We did not want a birthday cake, so when we called the cake hotline and asked for a cherry pie they were a little put off. Rather than try and get us to change our minds, we were connected directly with the Artist Point kitchen staff, who said that they had never had a request for a cherry pie before but would see what could be done. On November 9, we had one of the best scratch baked cherry pies we had ever eaten. Izzy and Tim, our wait staff, treated us like royalty. Since we could never eat the entire pie, they offered it to the other diners and then took some back to the kitchen for the staff to enjoy. Of course, we kept enough for a couple of desserts out on our balcony overlooking the lake.

Ask your waiter what they would recommend. They watch the food being prepared and will give you accurate reviews.

The salmon is the big winner.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank bob_cindy_CT

Barmouth, United Kingdom
“Simply Stunning”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

On a two week vacation to Disney World my wife and I, courtesy of the Disney Dining Plan, treated ourselves to meals in a number of what Disney call their 'Signature Restaurants'. Of all of them the best by a clear mile was Artist Point.
From the moment you arrive in the vast atrium lobby there is a sense of wonder and scale about the place, but once your reservation time has arrived and you are called through to the dining room you enter an elegant, well decorated space with tables spaced a good distance apart. It felt good simply sitting down but the real buzz comes when the menu arrives. It's the sort of menu that makes ordering difficult as you want to try everything, but they did not rush us - indeed the service was excellent all evening.
And the food.... it's a long time since I have eaten as consistently well as this. A stunning Oak-Smoked Venison Carpaccio was my starter - beautifully presented and fabulously tasty. My wife chose the Duck Confit Salad, which was served on a gruyere tart. Conversation was limited to moans of pleasure from both of us. For mains my wife had the Wild Caught Prawn and Crab "Hot Pot" - a kind of fish stew in a Thai coconut broth that brought a huge smile of approval - whilst I had the Hand Cut C.A.B. Filet Mingon, served with a lobster mushroom ragout and a savoury truffle and hazlenut crunch doughnut filled with sweet potato. I've had some good steaks in the USA but this was both a superlative piece of meat, perfectly cooked, but the accompaniments, especially the sweet/savoury doughnut, really made the dish.
Deserts followed the pattern of lovely presentation with fine flavours and we ordered a port flight to share which to my delight arrived courtesy of a fabulous 'old world' drinks trolley.

All in all this was the gastronomic highlight of the vacation and a place we cannot recommend too highly.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank brynmelyndavid
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Wonderful in every way!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Artist Point on December 3rd. Everything we ate was outstanding. I had a salad and portobello mushroom soup, which were both excellent and very filling. My husband had the scallops, which I was able to sample. They were great. My kids loved their meals as well. The server was great at moving things along quickly because my son was unable to sit quietly for a long period of time. We shared the cobbler for dessert. It was very good and so large that we were unable to finish it. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
Angmering, United Kingdom
“Not an experience I would want again”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Whatever happened to value at Disney? This restaurant was very poor value and in my opinion should review the portion control that currently exists.
There were 4 of us in our party, I ordered mussels as a starter, for $14, it was a dreadfully small portion. I counted the shells at the end all 14 of them! They were fairly good, however, they were served in a very bland broth that was insipid. At $1 each they should have been perfect. For my main course I had the cod, at $35 I had two pieces that measured no more than just over an inch square, this was served with squash infused with a chopped shrimp which was not over generous. It was tasty and well cooked but one felt the size of the portion was so small it was a rip off.
The server asked us how our meal was just after it was served and I told him I thought the portion of cod for $35 was pathetic. On returning to clear our plates some 15 minutes later he brought with him a new knife and fork and disappeared again. Two minutes later the restaurant manager appeared with the Chef and another cod meal. Had they gone mad? I wondered. Did they think I was going to start another meal after all of my party and I had finished theirs? I told them to take it away and be quick about it, it was so ridiculous. If they cannot serve the correct size portion at the start why do they think they can rectify the error after everybody has finished eating? Its all too late, the damage is done,
The days of small portions in Nouvelle Cuisine cooking are long gone. People are back to demanding value with the presentation, eating and staying hungry is no longer an option. Why have restaurants such as this one not learnt that?
I have spent a lifetime eating in the worlds finest restaurants, Ramsay, Keller, Danko, Koffmann, Roux would never treat me like this, so what gives Disney the right to?
Pathetic and disrespectful, 14 mussels and a tiny portion of Cod for $50. Horrid!
When the check arrived for my party they had not charged me for my meal, so one assumes they accepted they were guilty as charged. Two stars awarded is generous as the rest of my party enjoyed their steaks. For me I left hungry and I was fuming!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LeeN593
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great Food and View”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We ended up having an extra day in WDW and decided to try Artist Point and was lucky enough to get a late evening reservation. The meal was quite good and Katy, our server, was very friendly. We shared the Artisanal Cheese Selection, House Salad, Seared Diver Scallops and the Halibut special.

Arrive early to walk around the resort. It is gorgeous!!

• Visited October 2012