“Very good food and service”
Review of Artist Point

Artist Point
Ranked #179 of 4,061 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

One of Disney's premiere dining options. We were on the dining plan, so be advised that this restaurant requires two dining points per person. The food is very good and serving sizes are ample. The dishes are creative and gourmet. The fresh bread with lava salt butter is also amazing. I was not too impressed though by the signature salmon dish. The desserts are very fresh and delicious. Service is very good. Decent atmosphere, a little loud, but that is pretty much the norm at Disney. Alcohol drink prices are not too bad when compared to major city prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Restaurant has great food and good appetizers. Priced at upper end of Disney restaurants. Worth trying

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I cannot believe this place is a signature restaurant. The service was worst than my local McDonalds and the food was incredibly mediocre. I just finished a 2 week vacation at Disney and saved Artist Point for the last meal on the trip. My 7 year old daughter dressed up in her princess dress for our fancy dinner. We had a reservation but it probably wasn't needed as the place was near empty - and based on my experience I see why. Our waiter started with a long dissertation on the wine without ever asking if I actually wanted wine, or if I did what did I want. He spent a good 5 minutes doing his best imitation of wine spectator commentary when all I wanted to start was sparkling wine (no go on prosecco, they only carry wines from the NW). I ordered the halibut. I basically never saw the waiter again in a meaningful way. Another server delivered my meal. No one ever asked if I wanted wine with dinner (I did) or checked to see if the meal was ok (it wasn't). I never got a refill on my water, the whole meal. The fish was not cooked well in the middle, it was that translucent color undercooked fish has. When I finally gave up waiting for the waiter I just folded my silverware. Meanwhile I could watch the waiter at nearby tables doing the same "undertones of chocolate" speeches for other customers. After 5 minutes of this crap (while I couldn't get any service), the couple next to me was like "ummm, we just want diet coke". It was ridiculous. Finally when he did arrive after the end of the meal he said "oh, is that all you ate, you cant be done" and I said "no, I didn't like it and it wasn't cooked thoroughly". He picked up the plate and left, never following up, no questions, nothing. Again I asked for a water refill. 15 minutes later when he returned with the dessert menu (and still no water) I said I'd like to have the (appetizer) cheese plate for dessert instead of sweet. (I was on the Disney Dining Plan so had limitations, but I'd done this at every signature restaurant that didn't offer cheese as dessert option - with no problems). He said "no". I couldn't believe i was hearing that so I said "what? why? its basically the same price (maybe $1 more)". He said "the manager won't let you." At that, I said "just bring me the check" and was out of there. It was seriously the worst dining and service experience at Disney and ranks among my worst restaurant service ever. It was the last night of vacation and left such a horrible taste in my mouth.

I made reservations last minute and this was one of the restaurants that always had openings and now I see why. Avoid!

4  Thank Mickey M
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Fresh Berry Cobbler was outstanting!! One of my top 5 favorite deserts of all time. The Angus steak was very good. Excellent presentation. HOWEVER, the venison appetizer was very small and way over priced at $15.00. The coffee was good but way over priced at $6.29. My wife's decaf was very weak, like colored water with a little flavor. Our waiter needed to tone down the "flaming behavior".

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Artist Point restaurant is a Disney Signature restaurant. If you are on the Disney Dining Plan this takes double the amount of 'Dining Plan credits' compared to other Table Service restaurants. The food is clearly of better quality compared to the other restaurants in the Wilderness Lodge, but to be honest, we preferred the Whispering Canyon. The food was of good quality but not amazing. We sampled pan roasted halibut with a corn and chèvre porridge, caramelised rapini and fig relish (tasty but one tiny piece of rapini and a dribble of porridge and fig!) and Cedar Plank rosted salmon (my asked for well done but it still came up medium rare). The deserts were the usual fare of boring panna cotas, cranberry crumbles etc., nothing memorable at all. The wine list was fairly decent with both american and international wines. The cocktail list was extremely short and similar to other Disney restaurants. Service was ok but no better than in any other Disney restaurant, we expected better. All in all, an average night.