“The only "Bam" is the noise.”
Review of Emeril's Orlando

Emeril's Orlando
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's Orlando is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #239 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: Universal Orlando CityWalk
Description: Located at the epicenter of Universal's CityWalk®, Emeril's bustling eatery overlooks the park's lagoon and all of the action of this thriving Orlando hot spot. The free standing two-story building is a high-energy, creative environment for fine food and wine, with soaring thirty-foot ceilings, hardwood floors, stone walls, and iron staircase that lend the feel of an industrial warehouse loft. At the center of this modern food studio is an open kitchen and chef's food bar, where lucky guests can watch up close, the chefs at work. The restaurant's second floor offers two private party rooms that feature oak barrel slat ceilings, a 10,000 bottle wine gallery, and an intimate chef's tasting room that seats 8.
Fredericton, Canada
“The only "Bam" is the noise.”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

While visiting Orlando we went to Emeril's with a friend who also enjoys fine dining and hoped we could re-experience the delightful cuisine we had in New Orleans about 20 years ago. In our eagerness for a good meal we overlooked the fact that this is a very high volume restaurant located in a theme park. The first thing you notice is the very high ambient noise level, which makes conversation difficult and completely takes away from what should have been a very pleasant experience. The main dining room is quite large with a high ceiling and there are no obvious attempts at sound suppression. The service is the best thing about the restaurant. We were seated promptly and our waiter was friendly, helpful and attentive. He explained the daily specials and brought water and some very delicious hot rolls. I ordered the special spinach salad with cherries and dried mushrooms which was very tasty. I cannot say the same about the grouper, which was overcooked and tough, served on a base of sliced roasted or fried fingerling potatoes, topped with an interesting slaw of shredded peas and avocado. There was a coulis on the plate that was an unusual reduction that had a medicinal taste. I cannot recall what the waiter said it was as I would prefer to avoid it in the future. Also, the portion sizes were not large, adding to the impression that everything was overpriced. The wine list was adequate but overpriced as the serving size of the wines purchased by the glass was quite small. All in all it was disappointing and not up to my perception of Emeril's high standards. We have subsequently learned that Emeril's was participating in a dining promotion in Orlando for the month of September where you can get a 3 course dinner for $33.00. This was not mentioned to us at the restaurant unless the waiter did tell us and we couldn't hear him over the background noise. I guess we'll have to go back to New Orleans.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food, Superior service and a star sighting”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner last night off the tasting menu. Scallop dish that was lovely. This was followed by salmon. This too was wonderful but a tad dry. The filet that followed was very good but did not rival a good steak house. The bread pudding was hearty but not heavy. Oh we got to meet Richard Simmons.

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Not a birthday Experience any one would want. BAMM”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

September 13 was my celebration of my birth. My love had planned a weekend at Universal for us to enjoy together. We arrived at the beautiful Loews Pacific Resort at Universal and knew that our fun was just beginning. E took me to Universal to walk around and catch whatever caught our eye. We were sitting next to Margaretaville having a Friday evening in Universal’s City Walk. He noticed that Emeril’s Orlando restaurant was right there. That is where he wanted to take me for my special day. Since it was supposed to be a “World” Class restaurant he thought, why not.
We went to the restaurant in our causal resort attire as it is 90 + degrees with 100% humidity in Orlando in September and we were at Universal after all.
We were seated at the front entrance behind the receptionist desk, and in between a serving station, next to the window. Not so comfortable but doable.
Our waiter was good and prompt. We ordered our drinks, however I was told by the waiter that they had purified water so I opted for that rather than a bottle of water. The water turned out to taste like swap water which meant it was tap water and not the promised purified. We ordered our food, mine was a three (3) stage lamb presentation with steamed broccoli. The menu made it sound so delicious. E decided on a steak at a cost of over $50. That was fine because it was Emeril’s famous and infamous restaurant, and therefore it would be great. Or so we thought.
I decided to get a nice glass of red wine to accompany my lamb dinner that I was so looking forward to eating. The staff helped me get the right wine, and it was good. Meanwhile our decorative plates were removed and the utinizels that we would use for our dining experience were dropped on to the table rather than placed on the table. In both cases the waiter came across my front rather than from the side. In all the “fancy” establishments I have ever dined this method would be frowned upon. This restaurant’s atmosphere was to be a “dining” pleasure and this type of presentation was anything but a pleasure.
I am only remarking on the “experience” and observing the reality of what really was. Anyway the bread waiter came and deposited rolls on their respective plates. Along with a tub of butter. I thought OK, this will be good. I tasted one roll, it was cold and tasteless. The butter was so warm that if it had been another 30 more seconds it would have been in a liquid state, rather than a room temperature, and it too had no taste. I said ‘Humm” to myself.
After 40-45 minutes of waiting, which is not unusual for a “World” class restaurant, even if the place was not full, I saw a waiter with what would later turn out to be our food. It was a tray with two covered plates and a bowl of “steamed” Broccoli. The waiter placed the trays on a tray holder. Then the next thing I saw was the waiter with the covered dishes and bowl of broccoli making its way back to the kitchen. Then the same waiter has come over to our table. He commenced to explain that he’d worked in kitchen previously and knew when he saw my lamb that it was raw and not medium, and knew that would not be acceptable to me. So he made the decision to have it go back to the kitchen to be continued to be “cooked some more”. When E heard this he questioned this. E was then told that his steak would be kept “warm”. This was not what you want to hear from staff at “EMERILs”. The waiter was questioned again, and then again. He (the waiter) went to get our main waiter. Meanwhile, E spotted the manager since we were seated right behind the receptionist area and called out to him. This man looked as unexperienced as one could be, but sometimes looks can be deceiving, so E thought he would give him a chance to redeem our dining experience. Again E recounted to him what we had been told, that my lamb was to be taken back to be cooked “a bit more” and E’s meat would be “kept warm”. The manager also stated for us not worry it would be good, that the food would be fine. Now instead of saying our food would be freshly prepared again, and now because “re-cooked” and “warmed” meat are never very tasty, we kept being told it will be fine. NOT, especially not for $200 for the evening meal for two. E asked for the bill for our drinks so we could leave. The manager did say, “We will pay for your drinks,” and “please do not get up and leave”. Now if he would have said, “Your food will be made quickly again”, we would have considered finishing out the night’s dining experience. What we got was a dining challenge that I would not want from Denny’s let alone a location that expose’s to be “Fine” dining. My love paid for our drinks and we left. I say I did get a memorable event for my birthday just not one I had hoped for.
I will continue to go to fine dining establishments, however none of them will begin with “Emeril” due to the lack of respect to the customer and our dining experience. And lack of quality control. BAMM

Bartow, Florida, USA
“Where is the flavors?”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My family and I dine last night at Emeril's. I have always wanted to eat here ever since it open. My husband was kind of enough to pick this restaurant as part of the Orlando Magical dinning. He only did it for me; there are other restaurants that he could have picked.

I tired the Roasted Butternut Squash, which was delicious. The others tired Stuffed Pasta and they like it, and my husband had this BBQ Cajun Shrimp (which I tired and it was delicious).

The main course was a big disappointment. This is a Cajun restaurant which is supposed to be full of flavors. The three of us had the Panko Herb Crusted Trout. Where was the flavor on this Herb Crust? It was colorful but not flavorful. This was the blandest trout I ever tasted. The others in my group agreed as well. We even agree that a Shake and Bake had more flavors then this Panko Herb Crusted Trout! My husband had the wooden chicken pizza and he thought it was alright. He stated, "It's just bread with chicken and cheese."

What you are really paying for is a a great atmosphere (their rent) and wonderful servers. The services was impeccable. Our waiter Scott and his team were right on it and for that I was grateful. The cooks or the menu needs re-looking.

Don't waste your time eating here! There are other great restaurants on Universal property that could use your services.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Nice bar, good food and friendly service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I spent the day at Universal and headed over to City Walk as the parks were closing. Stopped in Emeril's for a quick bite and drinks at the bar. Very nice place with a very friendly wait staff. The bartenders were chatty and willing to share information about the area. Had barbecue shrimp in a unique "gravy" sauce and a Caesar salad crab cake combo. Both delicious!