“Horrible time!”

Ranked #180 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had to wait 20min for service after being seated and there were only 3 or 4 tables at the time. Once we recieved our order it was another 20min to order. The food was great but the extremely poor service highly out weighs the food.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My favorite restaurant all time, but this one isn't as good as the ones in Chicago. I think because florida using all electricity instead of gas for cooking the pizza makes a big difference to me. But I will still give this a good review.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were excited to visit this Chicago icon while in Orlando. Although it was good, it missed the mark. We arrived to a mostly empty restaurant. They sat our party of 6 in front of the opening to restrooms. Weird. Service was good and attentive, but it was pretty slow getting food - even compared to the crowded Chicago locations! Even so, you just can't beat the deep dish spinach pizza! Would return...

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The pizza was definitely fresh and yummy. Though I still like Uno's better than this. I would recommend this place if you want pizza and you are hungry, because the pizza's are huge.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ate at Giordano's at an off hour--10ish on a weekday night--so we didn't experience the poor, rush-hour service that other reviewers have. I wouldn't say the service was spectacular, but it wasn't bad, either.

We were staying at the Fairfield Inn, so preordered our pizza for dine-in. I've eaten in deep-dish pizza restaurants in Chicago and know that 45 minutes is the standard prep and cook time for that kind of pizza. We walked over to the restaurant about half an hour later and had time for delicious salads. The Chicago chopped salad was fabulous. Wish I'd ordered a large one and skimped on the pizza. It was that good.

The pizza was typical Chicago-style, which is to say: incredibly thick, cheesy, and crusty. It was delicious! I have to add, though, that the crust portion was a bit lackluster or drier than I'm used to, but the main portion of the pizza more than made up for it.

At $26, our medium pizza with pepperoni, green peppers, and onions was no bargain. On the other hand, each slice is an entire meal, so it's enough to feed an entire family. (And probably with leftovers.)

Would I go here again? Absolutely, but only if I order ahead, order a large chopped salad, and go at an off hour. (Other reviews suggest this restaurant has service issues.) Also, I would never order a deep-dish, Chicago-style pizza for delivery, because they take so long to cook. Just order ahead and go to the restaurant to pick it up or eat-in, or you'll be waiting forever.