“Arigatou gozaimasu!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Do not be fooled by the I-Drive location, this place is as authentic as it can be! It has been our favorite Japanese restaurant in Central Florida for the past 14 years, as long as we have been here.
Always consistent in terms of quality of ingredients and flavors. We remember the father as the main chef and his trainee-son that now runs it and stepped in his father's shoes.
Extensive menu and superb seasonal specials will entice your taste buds.
Often we just pick from the menu to try new items and we learnt new nuances of the wonderful world of Japanese food, Osaka style, Tokyo style, it always delivers!
We have never been in Japan, but you feel transported on the other side of the world as most of the patrons there are Japanese.
Today Hanamizuki is competing for a global award with their Shio Butter Ramen.
It deserves it! Douzo meshiagare

There are newer reviews for Hanamizuki

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Classic sushi & sashimi. Great variety. Outstanding mirugai! Attentive, classic Japanese service. Truly remarkable!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Coming from Seattle, there are a lot of Japanese restaurants from which to choose. We visited Hanamizuki with long-time friends. The food was delicious and attractively prepared. Everyone at the table enjoyed their dinner.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Am giving it 4 Star since so far this is the best Japanese restaurant, I went in Florida. Sushi chef was sick the day we visited so no sashimi and sushi. This was definitely a downer. On the other hand, we were able to try other dishes. My tempura was not bad. Unlike other places in Florida where they over fry, they tried to lightly batter them like in Tenichi in Ginza, Tokyo. Have to give them credit. My wife was not happy with agedoufu which she thought was like rice cake. Onigiri was not quite good either. I enjoyed my misoshiru. Wished edamame with beer was not cold and also could have had daikon oroshi was more when I asked for another portion. Sweet been ice cream was the way I liked it. Sukiyaki which I saw being cooked in another table is not the way we'd do it in Japan.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

A couple of things lead me to believe that this is an authentic Japanese restaurant – the menu had some ‘strange’ offerings (more in a moment), all of the menu items were listed in Japanese as well as English, and there were some Japanese families dining while we were there.
I’m always excited to try authentic cuisine, but it does help to understand what you’re ordering.
Because we like to pretend we are adventurous, we ordered the Ika Shiokara, or as it was described on the menu, ‘Home made salty squid guts pickle.’ (It was not yummy, but I don’t fault the restaurant for that, that’s a taste issue.) After this we ordered a couple of different types of sushi rolls, which were much smaller than those generally seen in popular sushi restaurants – again, I don’t fault the restaurant for this, we should have done a bit more research prior to dining in a place like this.
Everything (except the guts) was very tasty, and our servers were very kind.

1  Thank Theresa E