“Great Japanese Food in Orlando”
Review of Hanamizuki

Hanamizuki
Ranked #678 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2013

There are not many great Asian restaurants in Florida in general, and the past experience told me I should not eat Asian in Florida. But my wife really wanted some Asian taste after a few days of sandwiches and burgers, so we decided to give it a try. It is opened and operated by Japanese people who cook some authentic Japanese food. The uni there has remarkable quality. It also offers Shabu Shabu, Sushi and a wide variety of selections in small dishes. It's not the best Japanese food in my life, but certainly way above average. The downside is there seems always a long wait and the waitresses are quite busy so you have to be a bit aggressive when asking for services.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

They couldn't take the shrimp out of the ramen and replace it with chicken ... Every question I asked was met with a no. It was single handedly the worst service I have ever come across and I work in the hospitality industry. This was simply shameful and stunning in the level of fail. If you want to pay to be pissed off then definitely go here.

4  Thank Lepetitprince2121
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was in Orlando for a conference, and I was jonesing for Sushi. My friend was feeling a little less sushi, but she likes Japanese food, so we just went with the first one that came up. Close to our hotel- fantastic. It's unpretentious, in a little strip mall, in between a bar and a chinese buffet, but what awaits you inside is great!
We had to wait for a good 30 minutes, but it was well worth it. The waiters were incredibly friendly and helpful. The menu was out of this world- it is authentic Japanese, but it is also big!
I ended up ordering several appetizers- seared beef, fried chicken, and sashimi. The sashimi was- excuse the stereotypical phrase- so fresh it melted in your mouth. The beef was so juicy, and the ponzu was homemade, not the sodium saturated stuff you buy in the store. My friend had soba noodles. She has spent her childhood in Japan, and was ecstatic. If you want to treat yourself, then go for the green tea icecream at the end.
Pricewise, the menu is also versatile: you can do the $65 shabu shabu, but you can also go for the $5 appetizers. Sashimi was $15 and I it was worth every cent.
The next time I am in Orlando, I will make a point of going there, with a reservation to avoid the wait.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My friend from Tampa, FL turned me onto this small, whole in the wall, Asian restaurant. I never even knew it existed because they never advertise and the restaurant is no bigger than a 2 bedroom apartment, maybe 25 tables the most. Let me just say, the ramen bowls start around $7.50 and range to $11. Now that is a lot for ramen considering its .70 cents at Walmart, but this is homemade authentic ramen. The bowls are about the size of a salad bowl. The soup is very filling and the fresh beef, veggies, and noodles are a delightful mixture for a feel-good day. I highly recommend for all those ramen lovers out there. Its just so good, I normally don't order anything else.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I eat here regularly, it is in my opinion the only true Japanese restaurant in town. Ramen, Nabe, Soba, Sushi, oshii, wakata??? Real Kobe Beef, not Kobe style. Just like dinning in Japan service, food, atmosphere all Japanese style, which is typically at a level 5. I love the eel, Chirashi, Ramen, anything you get will be the way it is suppose to be. Arigato!