“For a blissfully memorable experience”
Review of Avila Town Latin Grill - CLOSED

Avila Town Latin Grill
Cuisines: Spanish
Dundalk, Ireland
“For a blissfully memorable experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

For something different in Orlando, this is it! We had a beautifully relaxed evening here with gorgeous food! We sat out front with a view of the lake beyond the car park. Our waiter was gentle, helpful, friendly and judged well whether we wanted to be left alone or when we needed him. The food was absolutely gorgeous, home made. I hope this experience was genuinely Venezuelan because I want to visit that country after tonight. Excellent value for money.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Clodagh M

Cary, NC
“Great food at a hole in the wall”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Really tasty South American chicken and beef. Near Universal. We had the Avila special. Friendly and solicitous staff. Wine available too, although we didn't try any after a late afternoon drink.

1 Thank carynctraveler21
Gainesville, FL
“Homemade Great Tasting Food w/ Good Service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were tired of the same ol' touristy restaurants in Orlando so I hopped on my trusty Tripadvisor app to find somewhere small and highly rated. Boy was I happy with the result. While we were the only ones in the small restaurant for lunch, we couldn't have been happier. The owner was very nice and explained the menu to us and made some recommendations. We had the mixed beef and chicken specialty platter which was great. The yucca was some of the best I've ever had. We also had the onion steak with rice and sweet plantains, and the dressing on the salad was one of the best I've ever had. Make sure you try the sauces... we found that mixing the Garlic and Avacado sauces made an amazing sauce for all of our food to dip in. I hate seeing amazing places like this empty while all the junk down the street has a line out the door. Tell your friends and family about this place, it's a true gem in Orlando. Not only was everything fresh, but the prices were fair and the portions huge. I'll be back FOR SURE!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank justin j
Orlando, Florida
“Geat place, i loved it”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I would like to share my experience in this restaurant. I went a few weeks ago and it was great. I tried the onion steak with fried yuca and a couple days later and come back to get the house venezuelan burger with eggs, ham chips, avocado and it was to die for. i recomend it 100%.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Monica S
Taneytown, Maryland
“What a great find!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

After a day at Universal and paying trough the nose for chain restaurant fare we were looking for a good local restaurant nearby our hotel. The other trip advisor reviews lead us here. Tucked away in the rear of a strip center that actually had a nice view of the lake, we found delicious Venezuelan specialties and the most friendly family service imaginable. The marinated chicken and beef paired well with the creamy steamed Yucca. We liked the garlic sauce and the avocado dipping sauces the best. We were also glad we talked ourselves into dessert. The tres leches cake and the rice pudding were sweet and creamy.

Visited July 2013