“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Island

Thai Island
Ranked #1,194 of 3,632 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Waverly, Iowa, United States
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the airport for a bite to eat before heading to Chicago. This food was so good, I didn't want to leave Orlando. I wanted to stick around so I could return and try more of their excellent and delicious food. The owners are sweet and he is the Chef/Cook and she runs the front of the house. They rate much higher than 5 stars, believe me.

Visited March 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Fit to be Thai'd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited this cozy place for a wet and stormy Valentine's dinner. They are in a small strip mall next to a pool hall and other ethnic restaurants, but seek this place out because the food is yummy and the owner, Cookie, is a sweetheart and ready to delight you with her food. The Green Tea is quite delish and tastes of pineapple and honey, not your usual green tea. Hubby ordered the Pineapplie Fried Rice with chicken and they were able to accommodate his no onion request and omitted and added veggies to his liking. My son got the Pad See Ew with shrimp and devoured it. I like spicy and ordered the Drunken Noodles with shrimp. I was concerned it might be too spicy, but it had a kick and was fine, so I'll probably try Thai spicy next time as I would have liked a little more heat - but that's just me . Hubby's dish had yellow curry, and he could really feel the kick it gave his dish, but he was good with it. We were too full for dessert, but were delighted when we were brought some fresh pineapple, mango and honeydew melon to cleanse our palette. Fruit was sweet and juicy and just perfect. In fact, Cookie overheard me complimenting the mango and brought us a ripe mango from her kitchen to take home and enjoy - which we did and it was just delicious and very appreciated as this was our first visit there. We will be back because there are a lot of dishes we want to try and I've heard their Tom Tom soup is really good and spicy. Please look for this treasure and give it a try and then add your review.

• Visited February 2013