“Look out Grisson”
Review of CSI: The Experience - CLOSED

CSI: The Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: CSI: The Experience immerses guests in hands-on science while leading them through the challenge of solving a murder. The hands-on exhibit brings to life fundamental scientific principles, numerous scientific disciplines, and advanced technology and techniques used today by crime scene investigators and forensic scientists. Through hands-on activities featuring real equipment and multimedia presentations, guests will sample a variety of scientific fields and understand the significance of each in cracking crimes.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My 9 year old son, me and my other half solved a CSI crime...Took a while and a little warm..My son had a little hard time writing down the clues but had a great time..even wore the vest..

2  Thank kellanna
There are newer reviews for CSI: The Experience

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am a BiG CSI FAN and watch all the shows and repeats faithfully! So i was very excited when I learned there was an exhibit in Orlando. I purchased a combo pass for both the CSI exhibit and Human Body exhibit, bot in the same building separated by a curtain. We gave them our passes and was asked to step in front on a green screen which was NOT explained it was for a photo. WI inquired about the time it takes to do both exhibits and about photos. We decided to fo the Human Body first and was told taking photos was disrespectful to the deceased, mind you no one explained anything about the exhibit itself.

The Human Body exhibit was a learning experience BUT would have been better if it was interactive or accompanied by a listening/voice device to explain some of the exhibit pieces. it took about 30 mins to complete.

Afterwards we walked back to the other side to do the CSI experience, again being asked to stand in front of the green screen with props this time. We were lead to a room to watch a video and left there, again with no instructions and our assigned case (there were two of us). After the video finished we figured out on our own what we needed to do next. The exhibit is fun, interactive and hands on. As we finished up you end up in front of a computer to input your information to solve your case. Once solved you are directed to print your certificate, NOT! As I exited expecting to pick up a certificate I was instead directed to the photo booth to look at and purchase the photos we took in the beginning. The staff of 3 sort of ignored me until the photo booth would not work. After selecting a picture to buy, I overhear the other staff member explaining a photo special and so i asked the staff who was ringing me up about it. I inquired about the certificate and was told they could print it onsite for an additional 5.99 or it can be emailed for no charge. i chose the email for no charge, as this was last Tuesday.

i called back today (Memorial Day) as I have not received an email, which we told to write on a piece of register paper as somehow the 'system' to send it now was down. The person who answered the phone explained there is no guarantee we would get the certificate as they send the emails to headquarters in Austria and it is up to them to decide to send it! I have a feeling this Orlanda experience is not managed like the others as it is not found on the main CSI Experience website and the customer service is horrible. I recommend seeing it somewhere else if you can. I plan to NEVER go back as the customer service makes this a not so great experience!

1  Thank MizzHawkins
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We opted to do all three crime scenes which was better value than just doing one. If you are a fan of the real CSI you will appreciate this as the cast members talk you through the crimes. if you are in a group best to team up in twos- much more effective. bigger groups tend to argue amongst themselves.
Great special effects at the "autopsy" table. Glad we went in - well worth a trip. would not recommend for very young children though.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

As fans of the shows we thought this would be fun few hours solving crime. Unfortunately it all went wrong at the beginning, we paid our money and were told to put on our csi vests and stand in front of the green screen for id photo, at this point we were then ignored for about 5 minutes before we asked what was going on and what we are supposed to do, at which point the staff became very rude and said they were very busy although there was only about 5 customers to 3 members of staff, I felt like asking for our money back, but where shown into the experience and left alone to watch and introduction video and go off on our own to solve the crime, this part was fun and we did get engrossed in solving the crime and solved it successfully, but felt pressured into buying all the extras which if not careful will really increase the overal cost. Overal it was fun hour let down by the staff and pressure sell to buy the extras.

2  Thank Sherlock_Holmes_RDG
Reviewed May 14, 2013

On reading via the website that the attraction was $19 each, we thought that sounded about on par with other attractions nearby.

We are a young couple who watch the show.

We took a $2 off coupon with us but found out if you want to experience all three crime scenes then it's actually $30 each. We obliged as did not know what to expect, but in hindsight wish we had just chosen one.

The guidance before this attraction is very poor, we were just shown a brief 1 minute video which does not explain much. Then you have a clip board and a sheet of paper to document your evidence and it is not clear what is needed to be done when entering the 'crime scene'.

Another annoying part is a lot of people were using different 'stations' in the wrong order, meaning you could not complete the task without waiting for stations to free-up. This is no fault of other people, though, as it is so poorly organised that no one can be to blame for not knowing where to go next.

Disappointingly the crimes were very predictable. Once I had completed one I was ready to go.

There is not enough human interaction on the set and their running labour costs must be low as everything is placed with little guidance and little interaction.

The csi lab and microscopes should be more interactive and not as low budget.

All in all a disappointment. Children may be a fan, though, who knows.