“BORING”
Review of CSI: The Experience - CLOSED

CSI: The Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: CSI: The Experience immerses guests in hands-on science while leading them through the challenge of solving a murder. The hands-on exhibit brings to life fundamental scientific principles, numerous scientific disciplines, and advanced technology and techniques used today by crime scene investigators and forensic scientists. Through hands-on activities featuring real equipment and multimedia presentations, guests will sample a variety of scientific fields and understand the significance of each in cracking crimes.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Crime was really dumb, too easy, disorganized. poor guide, not worth the money. We bought the groupon so it was half price. Would be really upset if we paid full price. Save your money and do something else like the science ctr in Orlando.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

me and hubby were in orlando in march and had so much fun we went to this csi experience and we loved it they give you a little vest and a note pad and send you in to investigate a crime scene it was inetresting to do all the detective work ex; finger prints,dna,autopsy and more and @ the end solve the case:) then if you want you can do another crime scene within 24hrs of your purchase for only 5 dollars,which we did the next morn b4 r flight fun family activity!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been a fan of the original "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," so it was a matter of time that I finally had the chance to visit "CSI: The Experience." I have heard about it origins in Las Vegas, and was glad they branched out and put an attraction here in Orlando.

Getting a CSI vest and getting briefed by Gil Grissom--how cool is that? Of course, he wasn't really there, though the cast of the show do appear at several stations in the lab, behaving as they would during the show, so it's kind of as if you were IN the show...but not. It's YOUR job to get to the crime scene, take plenty of notes (there's work!), and solve the crime and get on Grissom's good side.

Yes, it's easy to get caught up in the hype, especially if you are a fan of the shows. But that's the whole point of the experience: true-life forensic science, is a tedious and lengthy process. If we were real CSIs, solving cases would NOT take an hour, but perhaps days, weeks, or even years. But it's good to know the science behind the sleuthing, and there was plenty of it all around the lab. It could inspire anyone to take up the field...if you don't mind hard work. But I digress..

Three homicides, many clues, many suspects, many motives. My visit was a lone one, but going as a team I think makes it a lot more fun...though it was kinda nice being "Super-CSI." I got my case, visited the crime scene, attended all the lab scenes to gather and analyze evidence, and learned a few things here and there. I have to admit, I had an early conclusion that I had to change because of the evidence...there are plenty of those "curveballs," as you will, that might throw you off. Just like the show. But I came to my conclusion and upon presentation, I solved it.

Grissom was rather proud of that.

Price-wise, it can be a bit steep for the kind of attraction it is...it's not Disney World, but as a tourist-corridor attraction, maybe it would be worth a bit less than $18 plus tax.

Fun? For sure.

1  Thank Halreader
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I were so excited when we saw this attraction opening in Orlando! We enjoyed the experience but were also disappointed if that makes any sense. For the price you pay (over $40 for both of us) I expected to be in there for a couple of hours figuring out the murder. The set up looked good, but it lacked something, it really was like an exhibition and didn't really feel interactive. When we got to the end, it felt like 'is that it?'. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, it's hard to explain unless you visit. I think for me, I would visit again, but only if the price was $10 or less. Way too overpriced for what it is.

1  Thank AdelT
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Not sure about these other reviews, but my family had fun doing this together. The staff was most hepful and we did get pictures before we left. That's what you do in Orlando.

You start with a crime scene and collect the clues. Then you go to the lab areas and an autopsy report. In the end you get to see how it happened. There was also a Body Exhibit that we decided to do as a combo ticket. Worth the visit. The only downside was each extra crime scene was an added $5.