“Sadly disappointed”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went here during the Food and Wine festival for their $85 food and wine pairing and it was such a disappointment!! We paid so much for so little which I've never experienced at other countries' pairings! The hors d'oeuvre was a crostini like cracker with a thin slice of salmon and a drop of cream cheese (tasty but it was gone in a swallow!) and the 2nd was a lightly cooked egg in cream with breadsticks (ate it to get my money's worth but no real flavor). The main course was a crock with beans and a chicken wing and leg which I've tasted better at a bar. The cheese course was average and fortunately the dessert saved it from being a total disaster. I included photos so you can see I was not exaggerating about any of this. We have had much better experiences with other food and wine events so don't let this deter you. Just don't go to this one.

Reviewed November 2, 2018

This is an excellent fine dining restaurant with superb service and food. The restaurant is located on the 1st floor above the Chefs de France restaurant with a separate entrance at the back of that building. The restaurant is very small compared to the other restaurants in Epcot with perhaps only 40 tables and is the closest to a “fine dining” experience in the park and this is of course reflected in the prices. The restaurant is divided into three sections. The tables by the windows overlooking the park were only for 2 guests whilst the remaining tables were a mixture of tables from 2 upwards with most of the tables for 4 further away from the park, though if you are eating at Monsieur Paul you probably not be interested in what is going on in the park. We had a table booked for 7:45pm and were seated within 5 minutes and whilst the restaurant was quite busy at that time there were a number of empty tables maybe it was because it was Halloween or guests wanted to watch the fireworks. We were seated away from the windows which was perfect for us. We decided on the Menu Prestige at $89 per person - 3 courses plus an amuse bouche which was excellent. We had already had a glass of fizz each from the kiosk outside Chefs de France so we skipped a pre dinner drink and ordered a bottle of Sancerre instead. The wine list is exclusively French as you would expect but not unreasonably priced. The food was excellent and the service matched the food. The amuse bouche was a rillette of salmon with sorrel and a cream sauce. A small portion but absolutely delightful and full of flavours and the perfect start to the meal.For our appetisers my wife chose the oven baked rainbow trout with smoked salmon — quite a large portion of perfectly cooked trout whilst I chose the suckling pig terrine with chicken liver mousse — a small portion but again full of flavour. Both appetisers were superb. For our main courses I chose the venison tenderloin in puff pastry whilst my wife chose the rack of lamb. The venison was served medium rare in 2 large slices was amazing melt in the mouth meat and although the puff pastry was slightly undercooked on the bottom the dish was superb with mushrooms and chestnut purée and the perfect portion size. The rack of lamb was carved at the table into the 4 individual chops and was again served medium rare together with dauphinoise potatoes — again another excellent dish. We both had desserts in my case the macaroons whilst my wife chose the Vacherin classique. Again both were excellent - a perfect end to a lovely meal as we skipped coffee. The service throughout was excellent — always attentive and friendly but never rushed and our wine and water glasses were topped up on a regular basis. Overall one of the best meals we have had in Epcot and we have eaten at the majority of the restaurants and this is one place we will definitely go back too.

1  Thank stonellas
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Great food located in the French section of EPCOT . The wait staff was excellent and the food was reasonably priced and very tasty . Full bar menu and nice selection of specialty cocktails.

Reviewed October 26, 2018

took my wife out for some french fare. It was a little expensive but I felt totally worth it. They even sold 1/2 liters of nice french wine.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

This restaurant is a can't miss, especially if you're looking for a romantic date night with your partner! The food is great and you can even see the fireworks from the restaurant in the evening. It's a little expensive, but the food, atmosphere, and experience are worth it.