“A wonderful oasis of civility inside the park”
Review of Monsieur Paul

Monsieur Paul
Ranked #186 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have eaten at Les Chefs de France down below and enjoyed my meal there, but Monsieur Paul takes the dining experience to another level by creating a wonderful, civilized oasis inside the hustle and bustle of the park. The dining room is open and bright (we were there for an early dinner, so it was still sunny), and very peaceful (unless someone decides to bring in an unhappy child). The service here is amazing and very attentive without being too stuffy.

The food is, of course, wonderful. From the cheese pastry amuse bouche, we loved everything we had. We started with the escargot ravioli with parsley cream. It was earthy, complex, and delicious. I had the red snapper with potato scales, fennel, and rosemary sauce. The rosemary could have easily over-powered the fish, but it was creamy and delicate, providing a nice complement to the fish and fennel. My dining companion had the duck a l'orange. The duck itself was tender and flavorful, with the sauce providing just the right amount of citrus without being too sticky and sweet.

Our only disappointment was the dessert menu. We were hoping for something classic - creme brulee, crepes, pots de creme - but after looking at the dessert menu, nothing really jumped out at us as a "must try". I'm sure what was offered was delicious, but it just wasn't what we were hoping to see.

This is obviously not an inexpensive place to dine, but I do think it's worth the price for an absolutely wonderful dining experience.

1  Thank MrTed

Reviewed October 7, 2013

So who knew...my husband and I are Disney fanatics..that much we knew. It's not unusual for us to jump in the car and head to Disney for the day from vero beach.
While there for a business trip, we had a free night. We headed for Epcot. We went to the restaurant in Paris but they were booked. We were then informed of the new fine dining option upstairs from the regular restaurant. Up we went. It was great. We did not have a reservation but were seated at a great table near a window overlooking the Epcot lagoon.
The menu was very nice..my husband ordered escargot in a little pastry pie ghost was very good.
The wine list was extensive and FRENCH! We ordered a lovely bottle and really enjoyed it!!!!!
I had a filet mignon that was cooked to perfection.
Dessert was amazing. I don't normally have dessert but I did that night!!!
Presentation of everything that was served was as important at this restaurant as quality. Both were good!
There were a few families there..but the vibe is definitely adult. I do not recall a children's menu and I believe, although I don't usually see the final check at restaurants, our evening set us back a few hundred dollars...we are annual pass holders so no entry expense.
The decor was definitely representative of a nice high end French restaurant and of course Disney attire is fine.
So I say Bon appetite at Epcot!!!!!!!

1  Thank Sandra N
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Monsieur Paul’s, in the France pavilion at Epcot, was spectacular. Maggie and I had kir royales as aperitifs, ordered the prix fixe menu, and a sous chef came by the table to discuss a substitute for the salmon appetizer, given Maggie’s allergy. Our waiter Alex had already told us that, although the four-course menu allowed no substitutions, food allergies were an exception. Maggie continued with truffle soup (with slices of truffle), while I had a concoction that was something between a soup and a stew: Maine lobster with sauteed mushrooms, mollet quail egg, and creamy black truffle bouillon. Entrée for both was rack of lamb accompanied by a cassoulet. For dessert Maggie had the moelleux and I the vacherin—too many components in each to list here. Every dish was excellent.

One caveat: the cost was half again as much as our usual dinners in top tier Disney restaurants.

I can’t remember what we ate when we last were there—it was then Bistro de Paris. We’ll not soon forget the menu at Monsieur Paul’s. Maggie often remarks that when we go out to dinner she likes to order things she can’t make at home. I can only imagine the care that went into the delicious offerings we were served.

2  Thank DrBob78
Reviewed September 22, 2013

When I realized that the Paul of Monsieur is the Paul Bocuse in Bocuse d'Or I was thrilled. After eating at the restaurant not so much.

The food was good, not spectacular. My husband had the lobster appetizer that was amazing. The breads were NOT noteworthy. I had the potato crusted fish which I thought was good.We were very surprised to find out they didn't offer a souffle for dessert!

Actually other than the lobster nothing was noteworthy. My husband makes rack of lamb himself and does a much better job os cleaning the lamb. Those chops would never make int int he Bocuse D'or competition!

My husband left more than half his dinner (3 out of 4 lamb chops) and told the waiter he would have it for lunch the next day. He never brought it back and when I asked he said he didn't know we wanted it. Maybe it was lost in translation. I said that was unacceptable and wanted to speak to his manager. They cooked a new meal and gave it to us. They were very apologetic.

I would not return.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have been upstairs numerous times, as we as the chefs de France below. But this place has been rebranded, and the food and preparation were excellent and way better than the previous, and changes to the ambiance make this even more of a must stop to get away from the masses.
It's quiet, and gentile....please....please don't bring a noisy child here, there are many other nice places to eat for family that are fine dining, but not fair to wreck someone else's meal. The filet is from the meat district of Bordeaux....don't know how they do that...but it melted in your mouth, with encrusted mushroom over it...excellent. Great wine choices, priced for Disney sadly, but you will find a choice or two in a more moderate range for this kind of place. If you want a getaway without leaving the park, this is still it.

1  Thank CliveWatkins