“Bad Choice”

Shoney's
Ranked #2,650 of 3,853 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We checked out of our hotel at 10AM, and didn't have a flight until 3:30. This establishment was close to the hotel, so we decided to try it out. We saw they had a breakfast buffet, and decided to try it. Marginal, at best. You can tell that the lighting above the buffet hasn't been cleaned in a very long time. Just filled with dust/dirt. The food was below-average, and our server smelled a cigarette smoke. There's an IHop next door, as well as a Dunkin Donuts. Maybe try those first. Skip this place, as there are many choices on this road.

There are newer reviews for Shoney's

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I don't usually write reviews on chain restaurants, but if you are staying/traveling in the Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Area, Shoney's is an inexpensive alternative for breakfast or lunch. The service was very good and it was clear to me that they had regular customers. The place is clean but very worn. All the partition glass is kept clean & clear and they maintain the breakfast buffet well. I had breakfast but the lunch plates being delivered to the adjacent table were heaping! On the Saturday of my visit, the Breakfast Buffet serves until 2 pm. Good place for great service and cheap eats in the WDW pricey area.

1  Thank RoadTripper516
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The price was very good. We went for the breakfast buffet early in the morning. Everything was very fresh and tastey. We didnt eat again til dinner.

1  Thank jim f
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Coming down to Orlando on vacation, one of my focuses was to try new places. So instead of IHOP or Denny's, we chose to try out Shoney's.

We walked in and were seated right away. Waitress and staff were very pleasant. The menu consisted of your traditional breakfast and lunch options (omlets, pancakes, burgers, etc). In addition they had a breakfast buffet.

All in all, the food was decent and the price was great. For two breakfast meals and two drinks it came to a little over $18. It's nothing extraordinary but if you want decent food for a cheap price, Shoney's is the way to go.

1  Thank MassEMT
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Being from New England, I thought why not try a chain I can't find at home. Seeing breakfast special for 5 bucks I started in a good mood. Then waitress hit wrong button on computer so eggs arrived over medium, clearly not scrambled. No problem, still in good mood. The second try wins the prize - - the lazy or frugal cook just took the over mediums, chopped the hell out of them on the grill and returned them. Worst scrambled eggs ever. I like a bargain but this place has lost its focus. Stay away.