“Local Customer”

Peperoncino Restaurant
Ranked #826 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic regional Italian cuisine. Owned by executive chef. Fresh pastas made daily, fresh fish, everything cooked to order! Open seven days a week, serving lunch, happy hour, dinner, catering, monthly wine dinners. Dinner menu changes every night with the exception of signature dishes such as the lasagna Spaccanapoli, the pork ossobuco, the duck breast with spicy mushrooms risotto, and the fresh daily fish. Operated by hardworking, passionate, and dedicated staff.
Windermere, Florida
“Local Customer”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife and I found Peperoncino's several years ago and continue to eat there often. We have always found the owner Barbara to be the best and her staff outstanding. The menu changes nightly with several specials and on no occasion have we been disappointed. Make sure you save room for her fabulous desserts. Great wine selection.

• Visited July 2014

“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Food was wonderful a small and cozy place and so much fun watching the chef. Don't forget to order extra bread. We will return the next time we are in Orlando.

“Wow!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This is the best Italian food I had in a long time. Every dish we had blew me away. The osso bucco is amazing!

ohio
“A meal of a lifetime”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family loves a very nice meal, especially my father-in-law, but with two young children in tow, we certainly had no expectations of fine dining on our trip to Orlando. So at dinnertime, my husband finds Peperoncino's on tripadvisor, calls, and tells them, "We just left Disney World, we're sweaty and underdressed, and we have two little kids with us. So we're looking for a less fancy place-" A sweet woman with an accent interrupted, "No, you must come! It will be wonderful!" My husband said, after she said that, he was sold.

We were relieved to find that the atmosphere looked very casual. The restaurant consisted of a big bar with some tables behind it, very modernly styled. It was Sunday evening so we were the only ones there. However, as casual as everything appeared, the food was on a whole other level. All the adults at the table agreed it was one of the best meals that we had ever had. Each dish was very creative, from an appetizer of cheese drizzled pasta stuffed with pear, to a spicy pasta dish, to a dessert of sorbet served in alcohol. Being gluten intolerant, I ordered the a vegetable chicken dish which was flavored really well and had artichoke hearts. My husband's meal was the best; a beef dish wrapped in paper (I'm sorry I can't remember or pronounce the Italian names!) which was very tender and flavorful. The wine was good, and the kids enjoyed their chicken tenders. All of the desserts were amazing. My favorite was the chocolate molten cake, but the sorbet in alcohol was also amazing and like nothing I've ever had before. Everything was delicious.

Our waitress, the chef's sister, must have been the friendly girl who won our hearts on the phone, because she was extremely pleasant, chatty, and gave us excellent recommendations from the menu. She answered our questions about herself and her sister, the chef, when we asked. The chef could be seen preparing our food from behind the bar. You could tell how much she cared about her work since she often peeked at us and smiled as we enjoyed the food and took a picture of the beautiful limoncello cake. My husband had recently returned from a trip to Italy for work, and he was surprised how similar the dining experience was to the ones he had in Italy and so happy to be able to share that experience with his family.

The bill turned out to be pretty high with wine, still water, desserts, and meals for two kids and four adults, but it was what we expected for fine dining and worth it by far for the experience! You must go to the restaurant before this chef becomes famous! It will be wonderful!

• Visited July 2014
Birmingham, Michigan
“Wonderful food, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

A fantastic family owned restaurant! The service was great, the food was fantastic. The bread to die for! We found this restaurant on Tripadvisor, and we are s glad we did! One of the best Italian restaurants we've ever been to.

• Visited June 2014