“Don't bother...”

Add it.
5 Gastronomy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I tried this foodtruck today for the first time, I will not repeat the experience.

I ordered the pork tacos, which are one of the featured items in the menu. I'm not sure if it's the same truck but this one was called 5gastronomy. Anyway, 2 tacos with pork, some mayo or pesto, a couple of red pickled onions and a few green apple strings for $8.00 bucks?? - I felt cheated. The pork is probably the most forgiving of all meats as it absorbs flavors easily... not this pork! it needed salt and seasoning to get some flavor in it, not to mention that the meat was swimming in grease that was also flavorless... that was it, no kick or punch to the dish... I regretted my purchase...

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my lucky day! I stumbled onto a gathering of food trucks in downtown Windermere, FL. This was my first food truck experience and it was fantastic! My mouth waters as I write this, fearing I will become a groupie for 5 Gastronomy Food Truck. The flavor of the Pork Belly Sandwich was sublime. Not quite bacon, not quite barbeque, it exists on some dimension between the two flavors. Totally unique and addictive. There are no words to adequately describe the Mac 'n Cheese. I'll start with sublime. And because my cat hadn't eaten in 5 days and he deigned to lick this cheese sauce from my fingers, I will describe it as life-giving. It is to live for. Ricotta,Gruyere, Parmesan, fines herbs crumbs with flavorful roasted mushrooms. These flavors merge with thin noodles (not elbow) so there's more sauce with each bite. And with the poached lobster on top, this dish is more than satisfying. For the next time, I've got my eye on the cheese-steak (Malbec braised Short Rib, mushrooms, roasted peppers, caramelized onions, romesco, & blue cheese, in a hoagie) or the Pork Belly Confit (with Arbol pepper-pineapple marmalade, arugula, pickled onions and queso fresco, on a bun). The pork tacos...very tempting. I can see that the menu varies. So much the better. The service was very good and they take credit cards. Downtown Windermere is a lovely setting for food truck dining al fresco. 5 Gastronomy accepts online ordering for lunch http://5gastronomy.com/