“Hidden Gem at Caribbean Beach Resort”
Review of Shutters at Old Port Royale - CLOSED

Shutters at Old Port Royale
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Naples, FL
“Hidden Gem at Caribbean Beach Resort”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stopped by here so that we wouldn't have to leave the resort to eat dinner. We walked up at 7 PM with 6 people and didn't even have to wait. One might think that means a mediocre (at best) restaurant, but we found this to be a hidden gem.

In the past, Shutters has not had the best reputation or reviews and it may have deserved it...at one point. But not anymore. Shutters now brags a chef from one of the Disney cruise ships and it shows. My husband and I ordered the fish of the day, which was prepared with a lemon cream sauce, yuca cakes, and peas. Normally I am not a fan of peas, but even they were tasty. My father-in-law had the chicken dish which he also said was excellent. The kids got standard kid dishes and they were standard quality- cheese pizza and pork ribs.

Prices were reasonable for Disney. About $18-29 per entree.

The best part of the visit was the service. Our waitress was very friendly, funny, and attentive without being overbearing.

It was quiet with maybe a dozen filled tables and room for more. Maybe as more people hear about Shutters, they will be interested in eating here at least once on their trip. I think Shutters could do even better if they offered some sort of sit-down breakfast so families wouldn't have to fight the crowds at the food court.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank nessz79

Buffalo
“Tropical escape”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We ate here in October 2012. It was a great surprise! We were on the dining plan, and didn't feel like leaving the resort after a long day, so decided to try shutters... Glad we did! Food was excellent and service was great. Everyone in my party really enjoyed their meal.

Watertown, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Waitress”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The best waitress we have ever had!! The food was very nice and had nice presentation. Our waitress made us feel welcome and well taken care of, made some nice suggestions and explained everything including the sauces that were included with our meals.

Visited January 2013
Bennington, Vermont
“Just ok”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I ordered short ribs that are served in a large bowl as a stew. It was very good but very overpriced. My server Lori was great, very friendly. My food arrived right after I ordered it. I guess because it's a stew type meal it was already to be dished out. Dessert was Tres something. Cake in a milky not too sweet type syrup. It was very good but I was so full from my meal I only had a few bites. There were not very many people there, but I was visiting during the off season. Over all good, but overpriced.

• Visited January 2013
“Just OK”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Convenience-wise this was great and a nice break from the connecting food court of so-so food.
Meaning, you don't need to leave the premises after a tiring day of Disney and you almost get a feeling that you are not still in the food court so to speak. We were a party of nine and three had the Mahi-Mahi. Shazam! over the top hot. Went to bed shortly thereafter and thought I was catching like strep throat in the night but turns out the fire was still burning! Watch out for that dish. Really enjoyed our Hispanic waiter. Wish I could remember his name so I could tell you to ask for him. as soon as I hit send it will come to me!!

• Visited January 2013