“Expensive”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Reserve with OpenTable
Taj Mahal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,327 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Austrian Crt
Description: Indian Food from Fresh Ingredients and Homemade Spices You will find the taste of each Indian delicacy unique and different from others. We are one of the few Indian restaurants in the Orlando area which uses fresh ingredients and homemade spices. Our food is rich and flavorful with deep character. Visitors may enjoy a romantic setting with lush booths for intimate dining and we offer special tables for larger families for comfort and privacy. Our slogan is “We are all about taste”, and we earned our reputation as the only restaurant in town with an attitude to accommodate all your special requests. TajMahal® welcomes overseas groups with special religious and dietary needs from the Indian subcontinent. Open daily for delicious Indian food on International Drive in Orlando near the Convention Center. Our restaurant is a short drive from Disney World and most Orlando area tourist attractions.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Was lured in there found the food average, we only had a basic Indian meal and found that the cost was nearly 100dolars!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

It's Friday night. Restaurant's all along i-drive are brimming. You can see queues in their foyers where people have to wait to get in.

That should of given our party of six a clue that something was not good about this place.

As a frequent traveller to Orlando I know many good places to eat and we'd headed to Tony Roma's (next door). When we saw how busy it was and with tired kids one of our group suggested the Indian next door.

Now... We are from the UK. It's not India but we have many friends who are that live there. Our city is known as the Balti capital! We have many top Indian restauranteers competing for our business. So we know what good Indian food tastes like.

We settled at our table and after 30 minutes in we finally ordered.

30 minutes later the food arrived.

Chicken Korma in a 'Tomato Soup' flavouring is unheard of for me. My daughter's dish was so nasty and bland.

The same sauce we guess they used for the Chicken Tikka Masala! That's what my son said when he got his dish! "Dad, this is nasty... It tastes like tomato soup with lumps of chicken in." Ask for mild and it means 'no spice' at all!!

I asked the restaurant owner why the Korma was not coconut and almond based and he tried to fob me off by saying it was a tomato based dish as if I knew nothing about Indian food. If you read this Mr Owner you should reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korma. It will give you an idea of what Korma is and maybe your staff can look up a recipe for it.

My dish was just disgusting. It was called Nihari Curry. It was a tastless dish. No flavour. The rice was more appetising. And to be honest I'd seen more meat on a McDonald's cheesburger. Just 3 small pieces floating around. It also looked like the chef had done mine last as I got everyone else's oil from the pan. Rendering the curry uneatable. I had this took completely off the bill.

The owner said to me that this was a specialist dish and meant to be that way.

Dream on fella... you are ripping people off with the quality of service and food you provide. $17-20 for a small soup bowl of curry and the same size rice.

Seriously... avoid this place at all costs.

It's not good at the end to see the chef come and sit out and tuck into his meal!

By the way. Still waiting for the Taj Mahal beer that I ordered. Is this being delivered at our condo!

EMPTY on a Friday night. Where I live places like this would have a great trade.

If you are still there by the end of the year I would be very surprised.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My nephew and I ate dinner on Tuesday evening on July 30th. I love Indian food and was impressed with the freshness of the ingredients and the quality of the food. The staff was very friendly and we had the opportunity to meet and talk to the owner. Very nice person and he obviously is very serious about his food. We plan to go back soon! Hope you will enjoy.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was not sure what to expect when I had dinner at Taj Mahal. The one thing I was worried about is that I do not like spicy food at all. When you think indian you think spice! I ordered the butter chicken mild, but I was offered medium or hot as well. I was very happy with my meal, everything tasted very fresh. My food was not spicy, the chicken was tender, and the broth was very tasty. The staff was very attentive, refills were on time! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone local or visiting.

1  Thank Alancravey
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Rated V Good but actually a Good (but better than average). Quite a personalised service and food made fresh. A tad pricey by US satandards but the food is good. Atmosphere is a bit quiet.