“Try the gray stuff”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had a fastpass+ reservation for lunch, so by passed the lines, which was great. We'd eaten here for dinner last trip but the lunch experience was different, ordering from the kiosk before being seated. I guess they can serve more people faster We were a little disappointed that we didn't get the rose so the server could find us - Magic Band technology has done away with that cute little extra. The Crogue Monseur was excellent, service was fast and friendly, but I found the cupcakes - which others had raved about - to be a bit on the small side and kind of dry. I had lemon meringue, my friend had the gray stuff. But the atmosphere in the West Wing was fun. I'd do it again, but skip the cupcake and get a Dole Whip instead.

1  Thank Emelee

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Found it hard to book reservation before we went on holiday be managed to get in by arriving there in the morning and got a reservation for 630 . We arrived later didn't have to wait long and were taken into the ballroom it is lovely the beast walks around and you can have your photo taken with him . The food was good I had salmon everyone else had steak all said it was goos. They serve beer and wine also.after they bring a trolley with sweets on also nice everyone in there was great only thing hard to get in .

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived around 11 am and had to wait 40 minutes to order. While waiting in line in the hot sun, employees handed out umbrellas and there was a complimentary water station which was nice. Once we ordered, we had no problem finding a table to sit at and the food was delivered within 5 minutes. We had two roast beef sandwiches and fries and split a chocolate cream puff. The roast beef was excellent but the sandwiches were huge, we should have ordered one and split it between the two of us. The cream puff was good but the texture of the dough seemed off somehow.

Overall this was excellent food for a theme park and the price was reasonable for lunch and what was received.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This place is soooo beautiful. I am a big Beauty and the Beast fan and this place really made me feel like I was in the movie. There is sooo much detail in this restaurant. As for the food, we were lucky enough to get in around 10:30pm, and we had already had dinner, but we sooo badly wanted to see the inside so we told our waitress we just wanted dessert. We each got a glass of wine or sparkling wine (they have an Iron Horse sparkling wine that you can only get at the winery so it was pretty neat that they had it) and a dessert. Once done, we took a peak at all the other rooms. So based off our quick dessert and the detail in this restaurant, I give it 4 stars.

Although quite beautiful, neither lunch nor dinner menus seem to interest me. I was expecting more French food to be on their menus and what they have to offer doesn't really fit what I consider French food. Plus it is very expensive. If I could go back, I would do the same as before, dessert and wine (as a special treat, of course!).

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Does Be Our Guest serve the best food on Disney property? No, but the atmosphere is hard to beat. My sister and I dined in the main dining room (the most desirable room I feel) back in September. The room was amazing...and you have to see it to believe it! We grew up with Beauty & the Beast and I really thought we were there in Beast's castle! It was so cool!

As for the food, we were on the dining plan but paid out of pocket for a few extras. I had a bowl of French Onion soup which was very good. Then I had the Seafood Puff Pastry for my main course. The cream sauce was good, not too heavy. The scallops were delicious, but the puff pastry was very tough and hard to cut with just a dinner knife. My sister had the salmon and it was very tasty, but the mashed potatoes were disapointing. For dessert, I had the Grey Stuff torte (which was phenomenal!) and my sister had the strawberry cupcake (which she did not let me have any so it must have been good).

In all, Be Our Guest will probably not be the best food you eat at WDW, but the atmosphere is so worth snagging a reservation for!

Tip: You MUST get a reservation right when they open up for your trip dates (180 days before). Be Our Guest is the newest restaurant at Disney and the most coveted reservation so you have to be on the ball to experience it. Also, when checking in for your reservation, ask to be seated in the ballroom...you just can't beat watching it snow out the window!

2  Thank Betsy S