“Goo budget hotel”

Ranked #219 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Goo budget hotel”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is an adequate hotel for a visit to Orlando. We didn't do the theme parks but it is in a good location for them and other Orlando attractions such as Gatorland and the Malls. Can see rocket launches from car park (unfortunately they cancelled when we were there!). A basic free breakfast of coffee and cake was available and they had a ticket desk which discounted most tickets. Pool was OK and bed pretty comfortable.

Room Tip: Pool end is further from highway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was truly impressed with our stay at this Econolodge! The staff was extremely friendly and professional, they were always smiling and eager to help, Juliana and the front desk answered all our questions, we didn't know much about Orlando or the area...
The bed was super comfy, the room cleanliness impeccable, towels replaced daily, free breakfast was a big plus. We came to spend 3 nights to go to the parks, they also have free shuttles daily back and forth to Universal and Disney which is awesome you don't need to pay for parking or worry about renting a car.
The only issue I had was I forgot my phone charger, but the Manager was really helpful and lent me one, really nice staff.
Will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Just call ahead of time and check for early check-in option, I did and was welcomed before 3pm!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carlos B
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this Hotel for a 4 days over the weekend so that we could visit the theme parks.

The location of the hotel is very good, it is nearby many restaurants like Chilli's and Pizza Hut. The hotel is set back from International Drive behind the Travelodge, it is quite close to the motorway and you can hear the traffic.

On arrival we booked in and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful by informing us about the local transport to the theme parks. Not all charges were included in the price paid through Expedia though, we had an extra $4 per day extra which could only be paid by the card that was used to book the hotel which was a bit of a pain.

The room was ok, for what I paid I cannot complain. There was two large double beds, aircon, TV, fridge, iron, hairdryer and most importantly a free safe. It was very clean and the room was cleaned everyday. The main downside to the room was the door didn't seal therefore you could heat everything that went on outside and made the noise from the motorway louder than it should have been. It also meant that if anyone was walking past or stood outside the room we could clearly hear what they were saying and I presume they could hear me.

There was a pool, but by the time we got back from the parks we were too tired to use it so cannot advise on this area.

All in all for the price I paid and what I needed the hotel for this was perfect. I would definitely use again for a couple of days, but if you planning a long trip I would recommend something more like a hotel rather than a motel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
Naples, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed there about a month ago for 2 nights. All was fine. A month later they charge me out of nowhere for a 3rd night at $90 with a hotel fee of $4.95. I called and told them I did not stay that third night and to figure out why they would charge me over a month later. The woman who answered said the manager will refuse it without even telling me why they charged me, obviously they keep all customer credit card information on file to scam them. I'm sure if I would have never noticed they would have never reversed it. Do not stay here, and if you do be sure to check your account to make sure they do not over charge you. They probably get away with this often because a lot of travelers are too busy to see what they spent money on while they were on vacation. Thank god I checked my account. Now they say it will take up to 8 business days to give me back my money. Again, all I can say is stay far away from this place!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay anywhere here...thats my tip!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank FLStaycationerCB

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

11th - 25th April.
Positives - Located close to restaurants and Wet n Wild. I RIDE bus stop close for all the parks (week/2 week ticket widely available nearby). Beds comfortable. Plenty of drawer space. Plenty of hot water in adequate shower. Fairly clean. Fridge, 'coffee machine' (only 2 coffee bags daily), daily cleaner (but she will not move items around sink to clean.) Soaps daily, towels daily, bed linen twice in 2 weeks. Area felt fairly safe. Free ice machine and vending for water/coke etc. Air con adequate. Free parking. Free WiFi (a bit iffy) Breakfast O juice, mini muffins and coffee but must get there before 8am as it runs out! Free shuttle bus to Epcot or Universal but only one time there and one return-did not use. Pool not used as not hot weather.
Negatives - Our smallish room was ground floor directly opposite the lifts (127) and adjacent to the main passageway (ice and drink vending machines here). We heard every suitcase, crying child, shout, argument, coke can dispensing etc, night and day passing our room, even though we REQUESTED a QUIET room! Receptionist assured us that ours was a good, quiet room!!!!!! Quieter rooms are on the back side, nearest pool end. Window fogged between panes so could not see out!!!! We cleaned away some dubious grey gunge around the sink tap. Décor very tired, Artex to every wall. No wardrobe (just a rail and drawers) Toilets block easily but soon fixed. No spare toilet roll. (buy a spare) Wi Fi was a bit hit and miss. Dim lighting/dark in room. Air con too noisy at night. 'Breakfast' runs out and only 3 tables so either waiting to eating or standing up!
At the end of the day you get what you pay for (taxes, cleaning fee will be added!) We thought it was ok for the price (if you get a quieter room) so if you are on a tight budget go ahead.

Room Tip: Rooms at the pool end will be quieter as less people/suitcases passing and away from the main road w...
2 Thank 41middlefield
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This motel is fairly basic, but clean and a reasonable price. Breakfast is a joke, and so is free shuttle service (only choice of two times each way so we had to use car) - think both only there so can be advertised! We didn't use the pool but it looked good.

2 Thank geoff c
Brown City, Michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The pool was very nice, perfect temp and was 3-8 ft deep, the kids liked that. The breakfast was a joke with a few muffins and juice. Just enough to say they had a breakfast. Good place to stay and walk to CSI, Titanic experience and many shops and stores. close to a walmart and lots of restaurants.

1 Thank 4treasurestravelers