“Avarage motel - Poor maintenance”

Econo Lodge International
Ranked #215 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Jyvaskyla, Finland
“Avarage motel - Poor maintenance”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Positive:
-Renovated couple of years ago
-Clean
-Free parking slot
-Great location at international drive. Only 10-20 min drive to amusement parks

Negative:
-The First room smelled of tobacco
-The staff did not understand English very well.
-Low maintenance: Everything little bit broken. Our safe didn't work at all

Room Tip: If the room smells remember require a new one.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Marcos, California
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This time of year hotel prices are through the roof. This place was the cheapest around. Didn't feel too cheap. Apart from damp smell in room it was perfectly clean and sufficient. Excellent location on international drive. Breafast was adequate. Internet speed only 0.25 mbps download and 4 mpbs upload

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank crazysocktv
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in august 2013 with my kids husband & son in-law so I had 3 rooms I wish I paid more money and stayed in another hotel.... Got to Orlando from NYC early asked if I can check in to Only One of my rooms and they wanted to charge me 40$ extra for early check-in I said no thank u I stayed in better hotels and was never asked for early check in fee and on top of that they don't tell you that they put a hold on ur credit card for the amount of one night fee...
Pool is in the middle of the parking lot rooms felt dirty and damp refrigerator didn't work called front desk they send the maintenance guy he switches buttons and says I be back later to check HELLO!!!!! I did that before I called I know how to turn a button, he comes back and says these refrigerators are not meant to make things cold just to keep cool.... Huh??? I stayed in many hotels I know how it works housekeeper pushed on door without announcing herself lucky I had the safety latch on one of my rooms had a broke security latch some of the towels I used were folded and put back, so yep my towels weren't changed just picked up from the floor and put back... Bed was not changed in the 7days we were there.Only thing good about this motel is when u walk out the hotel because it in a perfect location
But it's not worth it
I will not stay on this property ever when I complained to corporate they offered me a 20% discount for my next stay I said "No Thank You" I have a degree in Hotel Management & worked on other properties before so I what to look for

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Latinoheat31869

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Wilmslow
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great location on International Drive and ideal if you don't want to drive in the evenings. It is set back from International Drive and close to interstate 4. Many restaurants, bars and shops close buy. Wet and Wild within walking distance. The place is fine for a budget short stay. Swimming pool area basic and clean. Bedroom was absolutely fine, well equiped and provided a good nights sleep. Included breakfast is a bit of a joke but saves you making coffee in the bedroom.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the reception/pool end of the accommodation and the upper level. Interstate 4...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank CB2111
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2014

For a low rate your in a great location for some I-drive fun. poor breakfast food but everything is nearby for a great meal. I liked the open hallways because I don,t like enclosed hallways but that's just me.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank beachlet
Halifax Region, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My partner and I spent 4 nights at this hotel. We didn't want to spend much money but wanted to be on International Drive, so cost/location were great! Front desk staff was very helpful (especially Melvin).

The beds were surprisingly clean and comfortable, but the carpet was dirty, toilet always running, it smelt of mold and bathroom floor had holes in it. If you're looking for a quiet room, this is not it - we could hear the traffic from the highway at all times and could hear our neighbors' conversations/sneeze/TV.

***BUYER BEWARE: buy tickets from the ticket booth/travel assistance desk in the lobby at your own risk. We were sold over-priced old tickets and had to spend 3 nights in a row arguing with staff before we got a refund. In our experience, it's best to either purchase online or just wait and buy them when you get to the theme park!

All in all, we got what we paid for and it gave us a place to sleep for a few nights.

Room Tip: Rooms further from the highway were supposed to be less noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine B
Koo-Wee-Rup, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

The saying goes you get what you pay for and that is true of this hotel. At a great nightly rate you get somewhere clean, reasonably quiet, really well located and it offers free parking, coffee making facilities and free wifi.

For a couple like my wife and I who spent most of our time out and about and had no interest in the "continental breakfast" on offer it provided a base to leave early get back late and sleep in. The room was basic, the TV ancient but it worked fine and the only contact we had with the staff was on checking in and checking out and on both occasions they were not rude but more interested in conversations with a co-worker but as I said at the beginning you get what you pay for.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple