“A good place to stay if on a budget~”

Econo Lodge International
Ranked #225 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are on a budget, then this place is a good place to stay at in Orlando. The rooms are okay but not too bad too. It has everything you need. The staffs are friendly and the hotel does provide transportation to Disney and Universal Studio. However, it does charge what they call "service fee" but this fee includes all the parking to the hotel, breakfast, and transportation to the parks around. Moreover, since it's on the international drive, it has a lot of shops and restaurants around. So it's a good idea to stay at this hotel. I always stay at Econo Lodge when I'm in Orlando, and I think it's a good choice to do when you are on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank cindyjan14

Reviewed June 26, 2013

It's not the prettiest room but it's functional and cheap. Only downer is having to get a reservation on the park shuttle the day before. Nice pool area for a day off from the parks. Adjacent restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 15, 2013

the room was okay but not the best , quite dirty and the locals like to come here often, the pool bar staff are friendly and the pool is nice , good transportation , overall , a decent hotel for what u pay for

Room Tip: get a room on the 2nd floor , u dont have to walk that far becaus ethere is no lift and your room wo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lauren b
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had never stayed at a motel before I stayed at this facility. Nevertheless, I found this to be an adequate facility for the price, having normally stayed at Hilton for business trips, I found this hotel to be a small quiet location tucked away behind the travelodge on International drive.

I love the location of this small motel, because it's easy to get food, and a short cab ride from a lot of the parks & destinations. My one complaint would be that when I asked the hotel to call a cab, they called a LARGE van with no meter, that told me what my rate would be when I got in. This rate was $8 more then it should have been, and I had to find my own metered cabs in the end.

I would have appreciated the choice between a flat rate taxi and a metered cab.

One issue you may have is if you can't sleep with loud noises, the expressway is right outside your door.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Caleb S
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. We booked through www.hotels.com and thought we were paid in full. Upon arrival we found out we had to pay an additional $5.00 per night for a "resort fee". Whatever price you are quoted online, be sure to add another $5.00 per night to budget correctly.

Pros: Clean Room, Updated Room Decor, Great Location
Cons: Small Room, Small Pool, No Hot tub, Very Small "Breakfast" Included

Overall would we stay again? No.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heidi P
Reviewed May 25, 2013

It is a 2 Star Hotel.It was clean,Pool was nice.That was the positiv Impression.We did know about the ressort fee though it was anoying.The frontdesk clerk told us it is for the Internet and breakfast.Which was a joke.Just a lame excuse to get some extra money.We didn't feel save.Creepy people were hanging around,Police cars were patrolling .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mom-and-Kalle
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed one night, costed me $45 in all, no extra facilities used. Stayed in room #115.
I had to urgently print something that night and couldn't find a place to do so nearby. The staff at the reception of travelodge, which is nearby helped me get the prints. They were extremely helpful, you might wanna check that hotel out too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo