“Exciting doesn't even come close”

The Orlando Gun Club
Ranked #43 of 242 Fun & Games in Orlando
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My Fiancé and I met with Ray (one of the co owners) on a day trip, Ray was so friendly and mentioned that he was in the Gun Range business, he then handed over his business card and said that he would be working the following day - intrigued we both got up the following morning and said that we wanted to go. I'm glad that I bumped into Ray - that Saturday morning we arrived at the gun range which was very clean, tidy, cool due to the a/c working a treat and asked for Ray. With a few butterflies in the tummies he made us feel relaxed with his knowledge and guided us in the do's and don't s in the range, after two rounds each for myself and partner we were left to shoot on our own - that's how quick we learnt how to fire a hand pistol safely and we felt that comfortable on our own. It was a great experience which broke up the day trips to the parks nicely. I'm afraid to say that my fiancé has a better shot than me! All in all - I will be back when I can next afford a trip back to Orlando. Thanks for a memorable day.

3  Thank Millsy0545

Reviewed September 10, 2013

As stated by the previous reviewer this is a different experience from the normal Orlando area attractions.
Staff are helpful and friendly. Full costs are shown on their website along with information for tourists so you have the correct clothing and documents with you.
I went with family members so they could experience safe pistol shooting, something you simply cant do in the UK. Shop and range areas are very well maintained amd the place is professional which is reassuring.

A good experience which takes just a couple of hours.

2  Thank Bairdie
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I found this club online about a year before our visit. I sent an Email asking for information and immediately I received a very friendly, helpful response. The plus points just kept stacking up on the actual visit. A very professional outfit with very friendly staff. A couple of forms to fill in, rules and regs chat, choice of guns, ear defenders and glasses supplied and you're ready to go. I was allowed in to take photos and video wearing the correct safety wear. You have the option of various targets to aim at. Overall a fantastic ( non Disney ) outing. Would recommend to anyone.

Tip. Remember to take your passport/ driving license for id.

6  Thank LilaStaffs
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are from Europe and the experience of shooting a firearm is hard to get back home. I have been at a shooting range in Vegas before and the family wanted to add this experience to our visit to Orlando. Little online research brought us to the Orlando Gun Club. On their website we got an accurate picture of what to expect,what is expected and how the pricing works.
The range is very clean and not busy at all (we visited on a Wednesday) .
We received a rather short explanation of how to load and handle the different guns and range etiquette. It was enough for us but we can imagine it would be too short for some other inexperienced / first time shooters. The staff was efficient and accommodating but somehow also a bit uninterested. I would not say 'sarcastic' as mentioned in another review but they did leave the feeling with us that they didn't really care too much (maybe because we are 'tourists'?) What I did like was that the range masters were quick to respond to any possible unsafe behavior at the range, they seem to monitor their surveillance camara feeds very well.
All together we had a great experience shooting a .22 handgun, a Glock and an AR15 at, what we feel, a good price with good enough service.
We would come back here for sure.

2  Thank Cees65
Reviewed August 18, 2013

went on the 6th aug,easy to find about ten mins from international drive.booked in uk through top gun tours on web but I think you can walk in and have a go has long has you have photo id and they have free lanes,they do a few shooting packages,check out site,had no problems with staff after I filled in paperwork they gave a good brief and they gave plenty of time to ask any questions,then off into range,had a good brief on the different weapons showing how to load and how to hold the weapon correct.did the try shooting pack which was the 9mm,38 special,44magnum two shots only,and the AR15 rifle which the mussle gets hot so your hand gets a bit warm, good over all morning

5  Thank Paul B