“Excellent ”

Taka Taka's Cafe
Ranked #2,527 of 3,881 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Latin, Venezuelan
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The food is amazing and the staff is very friendly.

Tequeños are the heat. The price is very good for the quality of food.

1  Thank ElSantoPapi

Reviewed December 19, 2013

OMG, the Patacon sandwich is to die for! I had it with green plantains and chicken! What a huge plantain sandwich, had to share it with the wife!
Also, had the chicken and beef empanada. Absolutely delicious!
Place doesn't say much from outside but inside is more bar and grill feeling.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The atmosphere was typical of a small business family-owned Hispanic restaurant. Small size, with only one other family in attendance on a Sunday night. I orded food to go. They were relatively relaxed pace with the food. The food was different. I orded a smashed plantain with pulled pork, ham, venezuelan cheese and tomatoes. It was pretty good. Overall average experience with the food. The price felt slightly too much for the food. The server gave the other family their food sporadically, but she was friendly. I felt that the place was dim overall. I will revisit perhaps at a busier time to get another sampling of this hole in the wall restaurant.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Vacations in Florida, a cousin living in the Orlando area recommended Taka Taka's. Give yourself the great pleasure to taste food prepared from scratch, no shortcuts, the way grandma used to do it. Staff and prices can not be more friendly. Party on five we had cachapas (corn pancake with fresh white cheese) asado negro (sugar-blackened slow-cooked roast beef), pernil (roasted pork) and torta tres leches (3-milks cake stuffed with arequipe). There is much and I expect to visit the place again before returning back home

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My mom and I ate here after getting a restaurant.com coupon. What a treat. While this place is nothing fancy, and most people would drive by it on any given day and not think twice. This hole in the wall place is serving some serious Venezuelan food! Or waitress was so very nice and very helpful in aiding our food choices. She made helpful suggestions and we ate WELL! We had an arepa that was delicious and a platter of meats, rice and black bean and salad. There was more than enough food for easily 3-4 people. We took so much home. Their garlic sauce was so good I put it on everything! So affordable that we actually had difficulty making the $32 minimum to use the coupon from restaurant.com that we actually had 2 desserts to stay and 1 to-go.

So good if you are cool with hole in the wall, no frills, deliciousness!