“A little pricey but very interesting”

World of Chocolate Museum and Cafe
Ranked #11 of 127 Shopping in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Orlando's sweetest attraction, the World of Chocolate Museum and Café. Come here and explore the fascinating history of the world's best-loved confection. Feast your eyes on our collection of chocolate sculptures. There's so much to see and do here -- chocolate-making workshops, exhibits, the delicious World of Chocolate Café -- and of course, free tastings of many of the world's gourmet chocolates. Deliciously Different. Delightfully fun. That's the World of Chocolate Museum and Café. Come join us!
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We did this on a whim on the way to the airport! We picked up the brochure in ine of those bins at the hotel for two bucks off and thought, why not?!
The tour guide, David, was great and the sculptures were amazing!
We bought a few treats to go... Mmmm!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stopped by on my last day in the area, when I had a few hours yet to kill before going to the airport. The "museum" is an a little strip mall, not far from the fancy outlet stores. There's a nice selection of chocolates and bars to choose from, along with chocolate and coffee drinks. The chocolates I tried (lime ganache and blueberry cheesecake) were awesome; the cafe latte was sickeningly sweet--I would avoid that or ask for half/less sweetened.

As for the tour, I agree with others. It's a bit pricey, but it's smack dab in the middle of the Orlando/WDW/Universal tourist districts. I don't expect anything to have a reasonable cost :) There are coupon discounts on the flyer, if you pick one of those up at a hotel or elsewhere. The tour itself was a bit of corny fun. It starts out pre-colonial Central America and the first usage of cacao there. Then come the conquistadors, and the drink moves to Europe and gets refined. Fun facts, war, etc.... Then there's the tasting room--yes, that's what you're really after--where you get to sample nine or so different kinds of chocolate. From there, you're guided through a bunch of solid chocolate sculptures of things like Chichen Itza in Mexico to the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal. The tour rounds out with modern improvements to chocolate refining, and an impressive display of a thousand or so different bars (or perhaps just the labels) from various countries and companies.

Overall, I had fun and would recommend this to others. It's probably not a destination, but if you're in the area and looking for a break head on over.

1  Thank Jon G
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The tour was both fun and informative. I did this on a Saturday afternoon waiting for my flight after a week in Orlando on business. The guide was very entertaining and gave a fun history of chocolate, followed by interesting chocolate art, and of course the tasting! Afterwards the cafe had some amazing treats - some almost too pretty to eat.
The only thing holdind my review down is the pricing. I got the tour on a $9 groupon which seemed reasonable - their normal tour price is too high for what it is. Also its very very easy to spend too much on the chocolate in the store/cafe.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very informative tour. Everything you want to know about chocolate. Free samples / tasting during tour. My six year old found the tour interesting asking a few questions. Definitely worth a visit. A large selection of craft chocolates for purchase. At the cafe, order the dark hot chocolate. It was so subtle and complex. I was thinking about it hours later.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I went with some co-workers for a Vendor sponsored event here and had the absolute best time! Our guide was David and he was so intriguing! He was very informative, funny and handsome! The chocolate was to die for, and we really enjoyed the entire atmosphere. I will definately bring my group from work back for all to experience. The cost was good- not too expensive. A lot for the money. Loved it!

1  Thank BeachMama321