“Worked For Us”

Ranked #9 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, Georgia
“Worked For Us”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were in Orlando for a football college bowl game and decided to build in a couple of days at Disney World. Because it was over New Year's, we had a hard time finding a quality place at a decent rate. So, we decided to stay at this property because of the price and proximity between Disney World and the Citrus Bowl. It is a solid 25 minute drive to Disney (without traffic) but it is highways the whole way so things moved right along. There were two toll stops but the convenient drive made up for it. It is super convenient to the airport. It was also an easy drive to the downtown area.
The property worked out fine for us. The room gave us enough space to not feel crowded and two televisions was an extra convenience. Though we did not do any cooking, the kitchen area came in handy with the refrigerator, microwave and utensils. The bed was comfortable and sofa bed was pretty good. The morning breakfast was just enough variety to keep everyone in our party from complaining.
The only reason I could not rate this property an "excellent" is because our room was not serviced for our last night. It was as if they totally forgot about us because even the towels were not switched out. We came back before dinner to change clothes. I reported it to the front desk (approx. 6:00 p.m.) but they only brought clean towels. I was really hoping the room would have been serviced. Other than that, it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolina9193
Tara_AGM_HW, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
I would like to Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed your spacious suite during your visit to Orlando. I do want to apologize for your last night. We take pride in our hotel and service and I would like to hear from you if you would like to contact me directly I would greatly appreciate it. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!

Tara.Morris@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Everywhere
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We followed TripAdvisor reviews here, and weren't disappointed. Rooms were tight when we booked, so we ended up in a handicapped room on the first floor. The room accommodated the 6 of us very well: 1 King, 1 Queen + 1 pull-out with a 2nd couch, as well.

1 Thank lookWho
Tara_GSM_HW, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family. Our two-bedroom suites have the at-home feel and I hope that you felt that way too. If you need anything in the future, please do not hesistate to contact me directly. We hope you will visit us again in the future. Have a wonderful day and safe travels!

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We thought it would be better based on the reviews we read here on TA. Our kitchen floor was sticky and there was stuff all over the bathroom. Yuck. The staff was great and the breakfast was nice. I will look for other, cheaper hotels the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Gregg L
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of your kitchen floors and bathroom. I can assure you that I have brought this issue to our housekeeping department and it has been corrected for our future guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and the service that you received. If there is anything that I can help you with in the future, please do not hesistate to contact me directly. In addition, we do offer promotion packages, so please check with us the next time that you are in the area to see if we have one available. Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites Orlando Airport. Safe travels!

Saint Paul, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our first stay at Homewood Suites and in Orlando left much to be desired. The good: Friendly courteous front staff. Bright common area. Decent complimentary breakfast. Comfortable bed and even sofabed. Fairly quiet but we were at the end of the complex - the very end. The bad: 2 washers and 3 dryers in the whole unit. not so friendly food service staff at the breakfast. floors were not cleaned after the first night stay even though there were crumbs on it. Missing untensils - only had 1 of each. Cramped, Cramped, Cramped, kitchen of you would call it that. Room for 5 but only had table with seating for 2. Couldn't add more either because there would be no room. There is also a sofa chair in the living room that pretty much blocks the entrance to the bedroom. We stayed two nights and will most likely look at other suite hotels for our future stays.

1 Thank Philip S
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to hear that you received service with a smile from the front desk agents. However, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. If there is anything that you need in the future, please feel free to contact me directly. Have a wonderful day and safe travels.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Traveling for an extended time for work and absolutely love this hotel! The fire pit provides a great place to relax other guests and unwind.The lobby is always clean and friendly. And i honestly can't say enough about the staff, they are the BEST! Daryl keeps everything running and always has a smile, Michelle and Danielle do a great job of getting breakfast and dinner handled as well as the FREE BUD LIGHT from 5-7 mon-thurs. Daly, Juian, Camilo, Catherine, Victoria, and Patricia work the front desk, and Tara somehow keeps things swinging! They actually take the time to get to know you and are an absolute blast! Will definitely being staying here anytime I come back

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jay W
Thank you so much for your amazing review! I am so pleased to hear that the team was able to make such an impact on your experience while staying with us. We value each and every guest and make outstanding memories with our hotel family. We look forward to seeing you again and if you have any additional feedback we would love to hear it! Safe travels!

Tara.Morris@Hilton.com
Regina, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel was one of our favourites! In our suite, the rooms were very spacious. We had a two-bedroom suite, with a total of 3 queen beds. There was a living room area and an equipped kitchen to use. Our teenage boys loved the spacious feel of the suite. There was a nice small pool with a small seating area and a raised gas firepit outside. There was also a nice area by the front desk to meet with friends; we noticed other guests gathered there to watch a football game together. There was a small continental breakfast included with bagels, danishes, muffins, cereal, yogurt, etc.. Coffee is served all day. Our boys loved the small basketball court outside and put it to good use. Overall, we would highly recommend this very nice hotel, as long as its location suits your needs while staying in Orlando. We will definitely stay here again if we return.

1 Thank GoRdrs
I wanted to personally Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! I am glad that you are your family enjoyed the accomodations at our property. The basketball court and fire pit are very popular with our guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your large spacious two bedroom suite while you were here. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to contact us. Safe travels!

Tara.Morris@Hilton.com
Waynesville, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Staff is very friendly and helpful. It is a very clean and well maintained facility. I travel a lot for work and stay in many different hotels and this was one of the most enjoyable stays I have had. I reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Jason K
Tara_GSM_HW, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
I really appreciate when our guests take the time to share their experience. I am pleased to hear that you had the most enjoyable stay at our hotel recently. Our staff take a lot of pride in our hotel and when we see that the guests appreciate it as much as we do, it makes it just that much better! We hope you will come back and see us soon! Safe travels!