“My Favorite Hole in the Wall”

Border Grill Fresh-Mex
Ranked #197 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place is sooo good and so tiny. I wish they would knock down a wall and add more tables though, as seating is VERY limited. I've tried almost everything on the menu here, and it's all delicious! Your options can be a bit confusing, however... They have a menu, a chalk board, and a white board with various things scrawled on them. You also have a wide choice of meats for filling: chicken, steak, beef, pibil (pork), pastor (pork #2), etc. The burritos are great. The tacos are classic soft corn tortilla style taco truck tacos. Their plated "dinner" type items are wonderful as well. Just make sure you get some guacamole and some of the green hot sauce on their little hot sauce bar. Very nice people who own this place, so don't be afraid to ask any questions when you order at the counter.

1  Thank Bolby

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Some family of mine that was in Orlando a few weeks prior to me recommended this place, saying it was the best Mexican food that they had ever had. I was skeptical since I live in Phoenix and there is plenty of good Mexican food there but decided to give it a try.

It is a bit out of the way and doesn't look like much (it's a small space inside of a little plaza) but the food was delicious. We had the guacamole and cheese dip to start, which were small portions but very good and then tacos for our meals. I had the marinated pork, which was unlike any Mexican-style pork I've ever had before and loved it. Last we tried both the desserts, flan and Sopapillas and those were excellent as well. For drinks we had pineapple soda, horchata, and the watermelon water. I wish I knew how they made the watermelon water, as it was so refreshing and delicious. For everything we paid $40. Wish I could find a place like this at home!!

1  Thank sscheg
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I discovered this tiny Mexican restaurant while in Florida in March. We had some of the very best food we've had in America. We ate there three nights running! It's very friendly, great choice of tasty food and lots of loyal fans. The food is freshly made. We really liked the carnitas and watermelon agua fresca.

If you are in Orlando seek it out. No need to dress up, very informal to say the least. Take out or eat in. Probably the best Mexican food we have had in America.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

For a very simple but delicious meal go to the Border Grill Fresh-Mex. It's definitely off the "beaten path, but easy enough to find. We were not in Orlando during the busy season, but if you can make your way out of the tourist area, it'll be well worth the trip. We had the Burrito Ranchero and it was the best burrito I've ever had - very tasty! And the chips with guacamole dip was delicious. Like others have said - it's a small place, not fancy, but service was good and very friendly staff.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant in Central Florida, hands-down. It's nothing fancy - like the previous posters have said, blink and you'll miss it. However, the food is amazing. Delicious, great portion sizes and great value. The owner is nice and very helpful, even with dietary restrictions. We try to hit Border Grill whenever we're in the area for our Mexican fix.