“It's OK.”

Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 4,079 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Description: Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar serves the best authentic, fresh, and reasonably priced Mexican food featuring the simple recipes of everyday Mexican life. The corn tortillas are made by hand and cooked fresh on the comal just as they are made in kitchens throughout Mexico. Enjoy fresh guacamole prepared tableside. Order a Margarita mixed with housemade sour mix. Sample one of the 220 different Tequila's Rocco's keeps on hand (The Largest Selection in Florida). The bar is always busy and the crowd's energy level reaches a crescendo when "Rocco" himself does his now famous "TEQUILA DANCE" on top of the bar. Rocco's Tacos offers outdoor lakeside dining along beautiful Sand Lake. Come join the fun at Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar!!
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Loud, long waits, lots of drunk females, a bit overpriced, average food. If you go on a weekend make a reservation. If you don't mind the wait, you might mind that it's hard to get a drink because people at the bar won't move for you. I doubt I return. Also, they have a DJ who plays old songs from Salt N Pepa, Tone Loc, etc (really?). Just awful. The best part is it overlooks the lake and they have some really cute servers and runners.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My cousin told me about this place, and so I was really looking forward to trying it out during my visit to Orlando. The ambience is great--it's really laid back, and the decor is fun. It definitely seems like it would be enjoyable for late night or happy hour. But I wasn't really impressed by the food.

The homemade tortillas and guacamole ($12+!!) were excellent, as were the fruity Margaritas, but that's pretty much where it ended. I ordered the chicken mole, as I usually do when I eat at taco/Mexican spots, but thsi did not taste like mole at all. It was good, but again, not mole. My husband had another chicken dish, which I do not recall, but he was underwhelmed as well.

I'd probably go back for drinks when visiting, but probably not for a meal.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Rocco's Tacos is the whole package. Where some other Mexican restaurants will hit the bulls-eye with their table-side guacamole, diverse entrees, tequila drinks, or vibe, Rocco's Tacos is one of few that nails all categories. Too often, a sit-down Mexican meal will taste canned or cheap on ingredients, have watered-down (or mix-diluted) margaritas, or have a confusingly hokie vibe. Rocco's has the ambiance and the complete menu to stand up for the feel that the scenery creates. I know that a visit will leave me full and happy, and know that I can happily take guests there and expect the same.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

we loved this place. It was super lively, good people watching, cool atmosphere, and really really great food!! The guacamole is awesome.... as are the chips. Tacos were excellent. My husband had the fajitas - which are not typical fajitas. And he was blown away by how amazing they were. The tequila selections were very extensive, as was the beer selections. We loved this place... we'll be back.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We sat outside and it was very pleasant but I imagine it would be pretty steamy in the summer months. Our waitress was very nice and the food was surprisingly good. We weren't expecting that because the place had more of a bar/club atmosphere. Everything tasted really fresh. The big problem was the noise level. We sat outside because it was a little quieter but even walking through the restaurant, the music was deafening. You could not carry on a conversation. Why does the management think that adds to the enjoyment of the meal. We were also rushed and it was only a rainy Wednesday evening.