“Laughed till it hurt!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Laughed till it hurt!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We went for the first time on locals night. $5 per person, super deal. $2 per person online. We had 4 people so we sat together. We ate dinner there too. A little caught off gaurd when the 18% gratuity was added to the bill. Server was just okay but food was filling. The comedians were very funny. We laughed alot! Can't wait to go again but will eat at home. Asked about specials and were told there was no need for those. Had a good night and was happy that they validated some of the parking.

Visited June 2013

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Go for the laughs, not for the food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I have seen three shows here now, and have enjoyed each one. To ensure you actually enjoy the show you are paying to see here are some tips from me to you

1. If your entire party is not together, they will not seat you. Please remember this when you are making your plans
2. On the same topic of seating. If you are a 1 or 2 you will be sat with other 1 or 2's. They fill every single seat, so keep in mind you may be sat at a table with people you do not know.
3. This is an area the is in a "touristy" part of town. Therefore the food and prices follow suit. We always eat somewhere else, and just get drinks while we are there. I have never really enjoyed the food there.

If you keep the above in mind, you should have a good time.

Tangerine, Florida
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Squishy seating arrangements and long wait for food”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We went with friends to see John Pinette at the Improv Orlando. He was awesomely funny, but this review is about the venue.

The Improv is located at The Pointe Orlando which is in between International and Universal roads where they meet and form a triangle. The Pointe has a lot of bars, restaurants, stores, movies, clubs, and other activities. There is a parking garage with entrances on both roads. Universal is the least busy road to access the Pointe.

You will need to take a parking ticket when you enter from the automatic gate. What to do with the parking ticket was very confusing so let me tell you what is the best thing to do! TAKE your ticket with you to your event b/c they may validate your ticket. The Improv DOES validate but they did not pay for the whole parking cost. When you go back to your vehicle, there are machines just entering the parking garage where you pay for parking. Scan your ticket and you will see how much you owe. You can pay in cash at these machines for your parking. OR you can pay with a credit card ONLY at the actual exit gate. Getting out of the parking garage was kind of an ordeal simply b/c there were a lot of people trying to exit and also deal with the machines to pay on their way out. $6 seemed to be the most parking would be.

The signage is poor for the layout of the Pointe. We did see a directory but it was more like a list of each business. There were not "You are here" maps. There were signs listing bars, stores, etc. that were on the upper or lower level, but no arrows pointing the way. The elevator in the parking garage did not work. At the Pointe there were stairs and an UP escalator in one area and stairs and a DOWN escalator in another area (that you couldn't see from one area to the other). We did not see an elevator once we exited the parking garage. The stores and venues are open-air so you will need an umbrella for the Florida rains.

The cost was $25 per person plus a $4 per person fee for buying tickets ahead of time online. If you do not bring a party of four, you will be seated with other people you don't know. The seating is not pre-assigned. The doors open a couple of hours before the show and you stand in line to go in. You are escorted in and seated in order of how you arrive in line. There are restrooms on the way in to the venue after you get out of line to be seated. If you need the restrooms after the show, it is pretty difficult to get to as you have to go outside and then back in and cut thru the line for the next show to get to the restrooms. There are public restrooms outside on the lower level near the parking garage entrance.

The room itself is small, shaped in a half-circle towards the small stage. There are three rows or so of tables in the front on the floor, then two tiers of flooring with two rows each of tables. The tables are very close to other tables both in front and behind. The women behind me (on the next tier up) were laughing right directly in my ear. Yes, the comic was funny but the placement of people made it uncomfortable......their face was right next to my head. We were very close to the people each side of us. The chairs were facing in towards the small table so we had to kind of angle our chairs sideways to see the comic. It was already tight just sitting there so turning chairs made it more squishy. You would definitely want to go with people you know as you are up close and personal with your table-mates! I ended up sitting very unladylike with my legs straddling the chair of my friend.

The tables were very small. There was no ketchup or salt or pepper on the tables so be sure to ask for all this before you get your food. It was very dark when we got our food and honestly I couldn't even see what I was eating let alone what everyone else's food looked like. There was a small useless candle on the tables. My husband had a hamburger and fries. It looked large and filling. He said that it was "warm" at best. It was about $10. I paid $12 for mac/cheese. It was very good and a large portion however it was almost sickening to eat b/c there was so much cheese and nothing else to vary the taste.....it did not come with salad or breadstick or anything. One of the friends with us had a hamburger and her husband had something that he barely picked at to eat. We waited well over an hour for our food. It seemed that a good deal of people had their food so it didn't make sense why it took so long for us to get our food.

We each had water, which did come in tall glasses which is good b/c we had to flag down waitstaff in the dark to get refills (not done automatically). Bottles of RC Soda were sold for $3.99 each. They did have a refillable glass for $7.99.

The gratuity was 18% and automatically added on. Desserts were available, but no one came to ask if we wanted to order dessert. Plates were cleared during the show as they had another show shortly after ours ended.

Overall it was fun but I think next time I'd eat before going and then maybe just order dessert.

1 Thank spockmycat
Oviedo, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hilarious!!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

All the comedians were so funny and the staff were the best. It's bigger than I had imagined and very clean. I didn't have to wait to get in and got the best seats. Would definitely go back again soon.

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Venue, Okay Food”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This place can always be counted on for a great show. The food, however, is somewhat lacking. I was there last night for John Morgan's show and the Tuscan Pasta with Chicken was just okay. Not terribly hot and lacked flavor. I also don't understand when the show was not even half full why they make people sit with strangers. Definitely a turn off and a reason why I don't go that often.