“Great fun, but...Not for everybody”

Paintball World Sports Complex
Ranked #167 of 236 Fun & Games in Orlando
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Although I didn't love the experience (my personal experience was two stars), I objectively give this place 4 stars. I expected to have one amazing time on my first paintballing experience, but that really didn't happen. The reason why is very simple...everyone, regardless of skill level is together on the same playing field. Really, it got to the point of being ridiculous. You have this group of "regulars". It is apparent that they live and breathe paintballing. They open up their car trunks, and you see how serious they are. Guns, ammo, gear, etc. Then you have the average folks, who may do this on occasion, and finally, the "newbies". Here's how it works: if you're hit, you're out! So, newbies have two choices: 1. Lie low, don't get hit. This means you're not shooting much either. This makes for a very boring experience. 2. Go all "Rambo" and start shooting. Option 2 is fun, but then you're hit, possibly right away, and you sit out the rest of the round. I tried both ways. Neither was fun. I would love to try paintballing again, but will only participate in a situation where players are evenly matched. So, depending on who you are, you might either love or hate this place. This place gets pricy. Try to find a coupon deal in advance. PS: getting shot hurts. Even through the jumpsuits. I was sporting a couple of black and blues for a few days. This place should sell Arnica.

2  Thank Aworkingmommy

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place is awesome!! This was my first time playing paintball and I had a blast, the guys behind the counter helped us out we had NO clue what we were doing and got a hang of it pretty quick! If you are new or experienced this is the best place in Florida to go to and it's cheap, compared to everywhere else we had a group of 11 and the had 2 "reffs" there names were josh and Chris, they were fantastic! Over all we had a great time and will be back soon hope to see you there!!!

2  Thank Jessica_ga
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time going to play paintball, they teach you how the process is and sets you up in a team if you don't have your own group. Overall is fun, but from other places I have seen, I wish they had more arenas. The price on fridays is cheap and if you are going with a big group just buy the paintballs at walmart. it will be cheaper. Wear protective clothing!

1  Thank AngelicaJ07
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was my first time with paintball, ever. I have been meaning to go for quite some time but one way or another, never made it. This place is located off of 50, near the fairgrounds. As I initially entered the place, I was a bit hesitant as the man behind the counter seemed a bit standoffish... but everyone was actually friendly.

You can expect to pay : $32.95 for the full price with tax, this includes the air, gun, 500 paintballs, mask.. I only played on two of the fields, the "Church" and the other smaller field.

Wear some longer layers to protect yourself. Luckily, it was a bit cloudy/windy, so it was easier to stay cool. I went with a group of 7, and one of the staff members "Chris" was very helpful. We all were newbies and got the gist of it pretty quickly. At one point we even played against another group of 7, and that was an awesome time.

If you're looking for something active and different to do, check this place out. You will have a great time!!

Also, they offer deals such as discounted Fridays. I saw some other deals listed on their Facebook page (after I had already went earlier and paid full price). If you or someone you know has a birthday, Paintball World lets that individual play for free within 7 days prior or 7 days after his/her birthdate.

3  Thank FeistyFoodist