“Fantastic”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #396 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
Reviewed September 4, 2009

One of the best meals I've had in a while. The service was very attentive, even providing a freshly chilled glass for my half-finished martini. I ordered from the prix fixe menu, which is a 3 course meal for $35. The char sui ribs were unbelievably good. You could cut through the bone with a fork. I had the salmon which was perfectly cooked and beautifully prepared, and to finish, Roy's famous chocolate souffle. This was the most amazing dessert I have ever had. The decor and ambiance of the restaurant was tasteful and elegant. All in all, I had a great experience and can't wait to go back!

1  Thank OrlandoCaala
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed August 28, 2009

I was in orlando for 2 weeks and unluckily for me, i only found roys at the end of my trip! The best restaurant i visited in orlando!! Food was amazing, the lobster potstickers were out of this world! I had the surf and turf for my main course which was savage and my partner had the scallops which were melt in your mouth delicious ! Staff were really friendly and even give us a free desert because we had to move from one table to another! Would recommend this restaurant to everyone and anyone!

1  Thank anilchavan
Reviewed August 23, 2009

When we travel, we always dine at Roy's if there is one in the city we are visiting, so we had an opportunity to eat at the Orlando location. We were disappointed with the service and the food. The waiter was pushy and rude, and tried to argue with us. The food was just not typical of our previous experiences at Roy's. For appetizers we had lobster potstickers (OK but not outstanding), the Szechwan baby back ribs (very good), and the calamari (always one of our favorites but not at this resaurant; they were tough and sweet). The trio was not up to par with other Roy's locations. The butterfish was good but the salmon and tuna were overcooked; so much so that the salmon was inedible. The kobe beef meatloaf was mediocre - nothing we couldn't get at Bob Evans. The steak was just a steak. The macadamia nut encrusted mahi mahi was good. Both of our desserts were wonderful - the Kris Creamsicle and th chocolate souffle. Overall, our experience was disappointing. We will not dine here again.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

I went to Roy's twice during a fortnights holiday and enjoyed both trips greatly.
Both times we had made reservations and seated promptly. In my opinion Roy's has the best atmosphere of any restaurant I've been it. It's dynamic and buzzing, with enough noise to prevent any stuffy feeling. The beautiful decor, simple and black, makes this place feel young and fresh but still luxurious. With a back drop of a large wine cellar and open, firey kitchen it does somewhat make you gasp. That is - if you get seated in the main dining room. The private area has a slightly different feel, not as luxurious and a tad too loud. It can feel a bit 'communal'. The first visit we were in the main room with a delightful waitress. She had a great knowledge of the menu which is handy when some of the ingrediants have never been heard of by most. The second time we were served by a waiter and waitress which resulted in us having to answer every question twice but the service was nearly as good.
To start I have had both the Lobster Potstickers and the Ahi Tuna Poke Salas. I've also sampled some of my Dad's and brother's! All of them are amazing with unusual sauces that make each bite exceptional. If you came here only twice (because you would certainly come back after the first visit) I would recommend the Calamari and Lobster Potstickers. Both are like no other versions I've tried. Absolutely FABULOUS!
As mains I've had the Butterfish and the Scallops. Both were a delight but I would particualry recommend the Butterfish. The waitress said it was Cod marrinated and cooked in a special way. I struggle to believe this... it's the most flavour-full and delectibul pit of fish! Also it was nice to given a side a bit fifferent to mash or fries. The vegetable sushi was equally good! My two recommendations - Butterfish and the Trio. The trio is my brother's favorite, giving you a sample of their best dishes!
Finally the desert...oh, the desert! The chocolate souffle, light but still chocolately. Perfect! And then there's the Pineapple Upside Down Cake! Doesn't sound impressive but don't worry. The pineapples perfectly caramalised and juicy and the cake is light as feather. BEAUTIFUL! You've got to have both of these, even if you're dining alone!!

Reviewed July 22, 2009

There are truly no words for an evening at Roy's, but I will try my best. If you want to treat yourself to amazing food and even more amazing service, you must experience Roy's.

Our concierge called for us at the last minute on a Friday evening, and Roy's took us in thirty minutes. When we got there, we found out that we were being treated to a free appetizer. We opened the menu and it read "The Hyatt Place Orlando (amazing hotel by the way) and Roy's welcome the ______ party - our last name!" We couldn't believe it.
My son wasn't sure what to order since he is not that into seafood, their specialty - so one of our servers - there were at least three - suggested the short ribs, which weren't even on the menu. We each had a different salad, both of which were simply delicious. When dinner arrived, my son touched the short rib with his fork, and it fell apart. I had chosen to try a dish with three different fish selections, all of which were amazing. While we were eating, our water glasses never reached half empty before they were filled. We met both managers who visited our table and asked about our meal. They stayed and conversed with us for a few minutes, and I felt very special. Then we found out that our hotel had paid for us to have two chocolate souffle cakes. These take twenty minutes to prepare, but came out at the perfect time - a few minutes after we had finished eating. I have never tasted chocolate like that. Was it expensive? Yes. Was it the best meal my son has ever had? Yes. Would I trade the experience? Not for anything. I can't afford to eat like this often, but whenever I do, I will find a Roy's.

2  Thank luv22tor