“Wonderful Food and Ambiance!”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #353 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Roy's is a wonderful restaurant that puts customer service first! You are paying for good food and good service and they deliver on both. I am partial to their Butter Fish it literally melts in your mouth! Wonderful for special occasions and it is located on Restaurant Row on Sand Lake Road. It is pricey but it will be one of your best meals you have had!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Last night was my first visit to Roy's in Dr. Phillips. This is a mixed review because I enjoyed everything about the visit, I'm not sure how fast I will return. Our Server was awesome, everyone was very attentive. The Beef Short Rib Bi Bim Bap appetizer was excellent, for dinner I choose the Roy’s Trio, I wish I had gone with just the Butterfish, that was the highlight of my plate. My dinner guest had the Alaea Salt Crusted Bone in Ribeye, and while the steak was good, it was not Great. He was disappointed that it did not match the description, it seemed to be more Pepper crusted than Salt.
I know that this review may be confusing. Nothing was bad, or wrong, or not good, during our visit, but ....nothing was Great. Would I go back, yes. Do I feel it's expensive, yes. Was it worth the money, I guess that is where I'm questioning my dinner.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

What an amazing experience. I took my son who was on a leave from the Marine Corps and his girlfriend. James our server was amazing and showed such respect for my son. James was one of the best waiters I have had. He explained the menu and how the meals were prepared. He was so enthusiastic about the menu, the chef and the restaurant in general. This gave us a great feel before we even tasted the menu. The food was Excellent, we had the Mahi, the Snapper, and the pineapple upside down cake was awesome! We were all so impressed with James and how well he took care of us that I am certainly returning and recommending my experience to everyone I can. Thank you James and everyone else at Roy's Hawaiian Orlando, you are amazing!

1  Thank Jskeee
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I know this is a chain but I have visited Roy's in 4 different locations and it is always consistently good with many local creations unique to that area. The Butterfish is a staple at all of them and the Macadamia nut crusted Mahi Mahi is always good. We had a pineapple martini that was quite refreshing so we had a few more. We were searching for something different a few years ago in Orlando as we had been there many times and this place was listed in the top 10 things to do. We visited again recently and it is still great. Great service and they serve Edamame instead of bread which is a nice touch. This trip we went for my wife's birthday and they gave us a card and some flowers and lava cake mmmmm

1  Thank Liveforetravel
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Roys is a chain from which I've always come to expect very good food and better service. The food here was as expected. Very good flavors while still not detracting from the fish itself. The overall service of the restaurant was quite good, though I think our server may have had too many tables or perhaps just a rough night. Had to ask for drink refills repeatedly and didn't get the kind of attention I've come to expect. service was what I'd expect from a lesser restaurant but I think it's more the exception than the rule. Try it.

1  Thank Scheff61