“Fantastic first visit!”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #335 of 4,083 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Vacationing in Orlando with four kids and we scheduled one night out alone. After a fair amount of research, we decided to try Roy's.

Initially greeted by complimentary valet parking, our hostess was very pleasant. Very short wait after we arrived for our 8 pm reservation.

Our waiter was Jason G and he was very good. We adore our red wine and make a homemade sangria that I love. No restaurant has come close to what I have become used to. When I saw it on the cocktail menu, I questioned Jason about it. He talked us out of our comfort zone and suggested a white sangria, which I have never tried. I have to say it was VERY good and the second one was the same.

We opted out of the apps tonight and went straight to the entrees. I ordered crusted pan fried snapper and my GF ordered short braised beef. Presentation was very good. The beef was melt in your mouth yummy and was served on a bed of mashed with perfectly done al dente baby carrots. Definitely a winner! The snapper was served with a baby bok choy, fried okra, and a roasted garlic clove. The fish was on a well paired sauce which was mildly spicy. Definitely a good dish, but would try something else next time. Solid 8/10 meal.

We don't normally order dessert but when we do, we love our chocolate. Roy's has two signature dessert dishes, a chocolate soufflé, and a pineapple upside down cake. Once again, we opted to leave our comfort zone and go for the pineapple dessert. Being a Hawaiian restaurant, it just seemed like the right thing to do. We were not disappointed! The cake was super moist and served with a mild rum sauce and awesome vanilla bean ice cream. Order this if you go!

All in all, a fantastic experience! If I had one complaint, it would be the noise level, which was quite high.....but we didn't mind. Not a great place for a quiet dinner, though.

I should add that Jason was fantastic making recommendations and suggestions off the menu. Great waiter and great restaurant! Go now!

1  Thank JackTheDog1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Love the edamame instead of bread . Fish is great . We love dining here . Only criticism is that they ask you what dessert you want before your main as they take time to prepare . both the pineapple upside down and the chocolate pudding are lovely however I would like to know if there is a dessert menu

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Roy's has been a long-time favourite since visiting in Hawaii on several trips. More recently have visited in Palm Springs and took the opportunity to have dinner at the restaurant on a recent trip to Orlando - it didn't fail to disappoint.

I was accompanied by two guests plus a work colleague who is responsible for 'guest experience' plus two of additional guests that he invited. Only two of the six of us had dined at Roy's before and everyone loved their meals.

We kicked off by sharing the "Canoe" appetizer followed by our respective entree dishes and then shared the chocolate souffle and upside down pineapple cake. At every point of the meal, our waiter Tyler was ready with recommendations and his superlative service - clearly an 11 out of 10 on the service front and the food was not far behind.

I recommended Roy's to other guests attending the same convention and they told me the day after they dined that they too had a spectacular meal.

Thanks again Roy's - you not only impressed my dining party but others that followed. I'll definitely be back again!

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Just so happened to stumble upon this on our visit to Orlando. We went on a Saturday night (obviously really busy, but aside from the usual Saturday night rush there was a prom). We got seated and had Mark (or Kevin....my boyfriend and I keep bickering over his name.) but this waiter was awesome! He was super friendly, knew his dishes they had to offer, as well as great cocktails. He was great with his attentive service even in the midst of the crazy busy evening. We had our 7 year old daughter with us (considering we were on vacation), and our waiter made her feel very special! Not only did our waiter make our experience great but so did the manager (I so wish I could remember her name). She came over to chat with us making us feel like we were family not just patrons of a restaurant. But the crown jewel was JAMES! James was making my daughter crack up. He was pretending to be a fish in a fish tank because of the glass wall at our table.

We enjoyed our food and experience so much we went back the next day! And yet again James was cracking my daughter up. He was just awesome.

I highly recommend requesting these two gentleman to be your waiters!

Sometimes it's not just about the food solely, but the experience as well!

Can't wait to come back to Roy's next time we are in Orlando.

Ps get the lobster potstickers!!! Amazing

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was our second visit to Roys Orlando---we have lost count of the number of times we have dined at the original Roys in Hawaii Kai (Oahu). Since this is a partner-owned restaurant, the menu contains some different offerings and specialties. The food quality remains superb--fresh ingredients and good sized portions. The Service was impeccable and--to me--is what sets this place apart from the rest and into a class all its own!! We had the only Hawaiian waiter, James Roberts, who was both amazingly attentive and knowledgeable about the menu!! KUDOS to him. He is truly a credit and gem. Despite being busy, the owner made a point of stopping by to greet us and make us feel appreciated...we enjoyed learning his history. Staff cares about the consumer opinion and experience.
As if all this was not enough---we were treated to both of their Famous desserts on the house. The hot, made to order Pineapple Upside Down cake and Chocolate Lava cake are an absolute must. Save room!!
This is casual, upscale dining at it's best. I don't think you could go wrong with anything on the menu. Worth the trip---and, needless to say, we will return when we are back in Orlando. MAHALO!!

1  Thank SunnydaysLewes_DE