“Roy's Wallet and Ear Buster!”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #301 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Wait staff and food are above average but aside from decor, the atmosphere is on par with a sports bar, thanks to the acousrics and a management staff that isnt trained to handle drunk patrons. The reviews aboit the din are spot on - the noise is terrible, and it's ruined what would have otherwise been a nice meal every time we've dined here. This was my third and last visit. Not worth the money!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Roy's

Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I where in Orlando for 4 nights and choose 1 night to dine a Roy's, and are we happy we did. Besides vacation, we were celebrating a milestone birthday for my wife. Roy's was very friendly and very pleasing to both the eye and the palate. We started with cocktails and a lobster potsticker appetizer. I had the prosciutto wrapped shrimp and my wife had the petite fillet and lobster tail. For dessert I choose the pineapple upside down cake and my wife received a birthday chocolate lava cake. Everything was perfectly prepared and served timely. There is nothing about Roy's themselves we didn't like.

As for the patrons of Roy's - come on people. Show some class! Several people were wearing hoodies and crappy jeans. Really? You don't have to wear a tie but when going to a nice place at least dress up a bit. And a high pitched screaming 2 year old was allowed to remain seated and talked to by the parent and grand parent like it was an adult. Oh well, welcome to Orlando.

Plan to have a very memorable meal for 2 at a cost of about $150 with generous tip. Worth every penny.

1  Thank Acornridgeman
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Roy's is always a treat. Besides great food, the customer service is above and beyond what you normally find even at a fine dining establishment. The staff is attentive and very friendly. You can't have a bad experience at Roy's.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I went tonight for the Aloha hour. Having been previously for a birthday dinner, we are fans of Roy's but had never eaten in the bar. The manager, Daniel Kirby, visited our table several times and made our night out by bringing us a pineapple upside cake dessert since we had never tried it. Delightful! Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The restaurant is in a strip mall but don’t let dissuade you. It is really pretty inside and the atmosphere is terrific. The service was efficient, warm and friendly.

The two appetisers I had were truly outstanding. The Flash Fried Oysters with Melted Brie was exquisite. The mussels with Coconut, Green Curry, Garlic, Grilled Baguette perfectly cooked and delicious.

My wife described the beef short ribs as “melt-in-your-mouth”

My daughter who is a sushi fanatic thought theirs was well crafted and excellent.

Their house Mai Tais were also different and delicious

We finished off sharing (reluctantly) the upside down pineapple cake. A terrific way to end a really enjoyable evening.