“Hawaii in Florida”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #264 of 3,829 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Hawaii in Florida”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere truly makes you feel as if you are in hawaii. Overall the food was good, just not as good as everyone raved it to be. I was there on my birthday, id you call ahead they put your name inside the menu!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kristen S

• Turkish first
Warren, Ohio
“Nice for a change”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Roy's is a bustling restaurant with good service and interesting food. Although not the best that I've ever eaten, I would not hesitate to go back when visiting Orlando. The staff was helpful and attuned to any special requests that we had - a gluten-free menu was available for anyone requiring it, and the staff was knowledgeable about the ingredients in each dish. A lovely presentation and rather good food. All in all an enjoyable evening.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank kmiller123
Wilmington, Delaware
“Ridiculously expensive - not worth it”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Very, very expensive. Tiny portions. Food is nothing special at all. We were there for Mother's Day brunch. I had eggs Benedict. One half English muffin. One poached egg. $40.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ellen H
Bath, United Kingdom
“WOW! Best meal of our trip!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were on vacation from the UK and thought it'd be fun to try this restaurant as we usually vacation in Hawaii and thought it'd be nice to try Roys as we didn't get around to visiting the one in Waikiki and love Hawaiian fusion food. Before we left for the restaurant we decided we'd try the 3 course prix fixe menu as we were on a budget and just wanted to try Roys out to see what it was like. I wasn't 100% convinced it'd live up to the glowing reviews but had an open mind an hoped for the best. After eating at theme parks and chain restaurants up until this point I felt the need for some 'proper' food!

Our server was extremely welcoming and knowledgeable I did feel bad about opting for the fixed price menu as he did such a great job of selling the rest of the menu to us but we stuck to the set menu as the rest of the menu was quite pricey. The restaurant was very full and busy but the atmosphere was relaxed and most of the customers seemed to be locals which was a good sign!

I was expecting small portions so was very surprised to receive a hearty looking starter in the form of Wagyu Beef Gyoza (which tasted to me like posh hamburgers in batter) - it was lovely and I was pretty much full after the first three but they were so good I couldn't waste any! The next course was Macadamia nut-crusted mahi mahi and Braised Beef short rib on mash with Asparagus. Oh my word, some of the best food I've eaten - especially the beef which was perfect. Again the portions were hearty so I was struggling when it came to dessert but somehow I managed to put away the Vanilla Bean cremeux with a White Chocolate Sable cookie which was crumbly and yummy. We had a coffee and an espresso to round things off (again the best coffee had all trip) and couldn't believe what amazing food and service we'd had for such a reasonable price. It's definitely worth making the effort to try Roy's if you're just visiting on a trip, it makes a nice change

• Visited October 2013
New Jersey
“Great family friendly experience”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We went to Roy's for the second time in two years while again visiting Disney with our 6 & 7 year olds. My wife loves Roy's and the food never disappoints. But what really blew us away was the kid friendliness. The kids menu was perfect for our kids. Moreover, the manager stopped by a few times to say hi and interact with them, before eventually inviting them into the kitchen to make their own sundaes. Our kids are often shy, but were thrilled. We will definitely be back (in Orlando and elsewhere) and are really appreciative of the family friendly experience we had.