“Amazing Food, Amazing Service. Top Marks for Roy's.”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #313 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We visited Roy's as a party of 6 and we wanted somewhere with a great seafood menu. Having been there a few times before, with some mixed server results, we were hopeful of a good experience.

We started with drinks at the bar. It had a great atmosphere, it was really buzzing. Some had cocktails, which were great. The wine list is pretty extensive, so we had no problems making a selection.

Our table was ready a little early, which was great for us. From the moment we sat down, we were given exemplary service from our server, Mike. Nothing was too much trouble. He was attentive, but discreet, he worked really hard at looking after us. I can definitely say he set a standard that all others should follow. Top marks to him. Our food was simply amazing. From the sushi, calamari, fish, everyone had a wonderful experience.

We shared five desserts in the centre of our table, which I can totally recommend to everyone. You get to taste them all, which is a great. The Souffle is totally amazing, a must have, as is the Pineapple upside down cake.

All in all, I can highly recommend Roy's. We had a totally amazing evening, full with friends, laughter and great food and service.

Well done - can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visit with my parent. arrived at around 5pm, really tired and staving for the flight. At that point of time, there's really not much customer and dinner area is not open. But fine, happy hour, had some good cocktails and appetizers. Then move to the dining. Highlights of the meal:
Snack: beans, are very specially cooked and taste great. We are offered an additional plate and finished both.
Appetizers: Vegetable tempera is delicious, very good deal considering the price.
Entrees: Butterfish!!!! Every review recommend that.
Dessert: Chocolate cake!!!! another amazing item on the menu. I would keep what make it special a secret. just try it, believe me.

Price easy $50, but totally worth it.

And at the very end, emphasize the quality of service. Every waiter/waitress are warm and kind, and most impressive of all enthusiastic at their job here. Absolute 5-star serving.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Food here is very good. Great blend of Hawaiian influences with high quality fish and ingredients. Hawaiian martini is a can't miss. Butterfish very good as well. What really set the restaurant apart was the service. Ate at the bar by myself. However, sitting next to a number of regulars who were clearly well taken care of which is why they keep coming back. Bartender comp'ed my appetizer because it came out late, even though I barely noticed. A couple small plates also presented by the bar complementary. Worth a return trip for the service alone.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This is not my first time at Roy's ! A menu that is sure to wake up your taste buds and fresh as could be. The atmosphere is young and energetic .The service is five star and priced well. Check out all the locations. They are all consistent . I have been to all locations!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We both had the butterfish because it's one of our favorite dishes. The food was good, but I didn't like the off-putting fishy smell of the rice, so I removed it from my plate.

Although the food was good, the experience was not. If you'd like to have a conversation without shouting, this is not the place you want to dine. In fact, I've never been to a fine dining restaurant that's anywhere near the decibel level. (Yelp describes the noise level as "average," but I assure you this is not accurate.) When we first arrived we asked for a table away from the kitchen noise, and we were promptly accommodated. It was still pretty loud, but tolerable. Then, once the restaurant began to fill up to capacity, it was just impossible to hear each other without shouting. Others didn't seem to mind shouting, which is why we couldn't hear each other, I suppose.
The manager, for some reason, came to our table to ask if everything was all good. We explained everything above to him, including the fishy rice issue, and he smiled big and said he certainly agreed about the noise level, and then he left. It left us wondering why he'd bothered us. The waiter was also intrusive. Just as we did manage to get a conversation going (after my husband joined me on the booth-side of the table-for-two), there was always one more question or one more "is everything good?" I prefer an attentive waiter who doesn't totally dominate the situation.
We've very much enjoyed other Roy's locations, but we will never return to this place, and we'll be careful to scout out other Roy's restaurants before we commit to a reservation there.

1  Thank Badsoccermama
Jeannie L, Guest Relations Manager at Roy's, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We are so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your dinner at Roy's due to the intrusive service and noise level. Our Managing Partner would like to speak to you at your convenience about your visit with us. Would you mind a 5 minute conversation on the phone? What is the best way to reach you?

We know you have enjoyed other locations, so please reach out to me whenever you dine with us again. My email is jlee@roysrestaurant.com and I shall let our management team at your location choice know to find you a quiet spot in the restaurant.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention and I look forward to hearing back about a convenient time to connect.

Mahalo,