“Good Food Better call for reservations”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #378 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Like many others added to the crowd going on the Magical Dining experience.
Friday night called but earliest was 8:45 so took a chance and ate at the table top.
Place has a nice atmosphere. Bar was filled. The Fixed Magical Dining menu more than adequate had the Ribs as appetizer with the encrusted Mahi Mahi. They also bring some edamame ( Boiled Green Fruit soybeans in a pod) cover in a tasty seasoning. BUT Watch the sodium. IT has been a long time since I have to wake up and guzzle water all night,
Would go back again, definitely worth it.
Server who was Shane was very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Let me preface my review by saying I have been in in the restaurant business for 14 years now and my expectations of fine dining seafood are incredibly high, probably too high in most cases. This is one of the few instances that I was absolutely blown away by both the food and service. Our server(both times) David, really went above and beyond to ensure our experience was a special one, being as the first time I was wining and dining my girlfriend's family while they visited Orlando from Italy, and the second time I was bringing my girlfriend in to show her just how great this place was(she wasn't with her family on the first visit).

Let me start with the drinks from both occasions. Spot on manhattans for me both time, perfect ratio of bourbon, vermouth, and bitters and the bartender didn't destroy them in a shaker. Girlfriend loved her Hawaiian martini, and her parents were very happy with their drinks as well. Only disappointment out of everything we ordered were the lobster pot stickers.. over seasoned and cooked to the point that the dish could have been pork pot stickers and we would have had no idea, lobster was not the star of that dish for sure. On to the entrees, when dining with Brit's parents, I went with the scallops and wow. Perfectly cooked U10-12 diver scallops, clearly dry packed. Golden sear on the outside, and the inside was just pure buttery moist, home run of a dish. Everyone was very happy with their meals as well, and the pineapple upside down cake dessert was absolutely fantastic, could have eaten three of those and not regretted a thing.

Now when I took Brit here is when the magic really happened. I had the misoyaki butterfish, which was everything I expected it to be(you can't really screw up butterfish, unless you just eat too much of it), but Brit ordered the star of both meals combined, the andouille crusted Hawaiian monchong. Holy. Crap. I can honestly say it is the best fish dish I have had up to this point in my life. Cooked absolutely perfectly, and spot on with all of the seasonings and ingredients while still letting the fish do all of the talking. Girlfriend was over the top happy with her meal and the experience we both had at Roy's.. Thanks again David for the great service both times, you're a rockstar among waiters. Can't wait to dine with Roy's again.

2  Thank JayRockOh
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We ate at Roy's last night. I would recommend reservations, especially on weekends. They have complimentary valet, the hostesses were organized, efficient, and polite, and our waiter, David, was outstanding. My husband had the andouille snapper, and I had a combo plate with the house specialty macadamia mahi and short ribs. All of the food was prepared perfectly. We also thoroughly enjoyed our appetizer and dessert. Two of us ate three courses for $100, tip included, but no drinks. I was very pleased with my visit and feel I wouldn't have had a better experience even if I had chosen a much more expensive place. I highly recommend Roy's!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I visited Roy's on Friday past with some friends to enjoy the Magicial Dining meal, which many restaurants in Orlando take part in during September. Restaurant was crowded as expected fr a Friday night, and the Magicial Dining menu I'm sure added to the numbers. Overall, the meal was good, but not great. Luke warm when served and the service was just OK. I think we may have had a new server and he had NO personality, borderline rude. Roys is a GREAT place to eat usually, we go there a lot, and their HH is fabulous. I think the magicial dining nite was not a good night to go for us anyway. We will go back, this is the first time we were disappointed

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The food tastes great. We had 2 appetizers, the tempura sushi roll and the lobster potstickers. My husband wanted larger portions, though. That just means he thought it was delicious. The wine was good and my husband ordered beer. The apps and drinks are $6. You have to sit in the lounge area to take advantage of this. This lounge area is large with 3 different sitting area. So finding a table is not hard. We loved the atmosphere and will definitely look for Roy's in any city visit. Oh, the valet parking was free.

2  Thank beachbear8