“Magical Dining Experience”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #350 of 3,883 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I visited Roy's on Friday past with some friends to enjoy the Magicial Dining meal, which many restaurants in Orlando take part in during September. Restaurant was crowded as expected fr a Friday night, and the Magicial Dining menu I'm sure added to the numbers. Overall, the meal was good, but not great. Luke warm when served and the service was just OK. I think we may have had a new server and he had NO personality, borderline rude. Roys is a GREAT place to eat usually, we go there a lot, and their HH is fabulous. I think the magicial dining nite was not a good night to go for us anyway. We will go back, this is the first time we were disappointed

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The food tastes great. We had 2 appetizers, the tempura sushi roll and the lobster potstickers. My husband wanted larger portions, though. That just means he thought it was delicious. The wine was good and my husband ordered beer. The apps and drinks are $6. You have to sit in the lounge area to take advantage of this. This lounge area is large with 3 different sitting area. So finding a table is not hard. We loved the atmosphere and will definitely look for Roy's in any city visit. Oh, the valet parking was free.

2  Thank beachbear8
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I visited Roy's in April after a poor experience at a high-end Disney restaurant. My husband was out of town and I had always wanted to try Roy's and I had a coupon, so I called for an early dinner seating with my 6 year old. During my reservation call they asked if we were celebrating anything and I mentioned it was my birthday that week. I felt really self-conscious going in with a coupon and a six-year-old, holding up a table knowing I wasn't a big profit table for them, but even with them knowing that, they made me feel like the most important person in the restaurant. They started us off with a spicy edamame at the table, and immediately brought a non-spicy bowl for my daughter. When I opened my menu, there was a personalized "Happy Birthday" message with my name on it. What a delightful surprise! It is so rare to find these gracious touches of first class service. Our waiter was wonderful, knowledgeable and fun to chat with. The Host was a delightful man and stopped by our table several times. I had a fantastic appetizer and the recommended fish entree that was absolutely delicious. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed her meal as well. They brought a chocolate souffle for my birthday (and a bowl of ice cream for my daughter) and captured the moment on camera. I'm not much on dessert, but that chocolate souffle was to die for and we're still talking about it! At the end of our meal, they presented me with the birthday photo - a really nice touch. A week later I received a post card from Roy's, saying thank you for dining with them. I was blown away by the experience and the level of detail and attention that embodied the entire experience. We look forward to returning to Orlando in the fall and booking one of our first meals at Roy's!

1  Thank Dionne B
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

As my husband said, the food is A+! The wine was very nice (plenty of good stuff by the glass). The chocolate soufflé was especially fabu! Service was friendly and helpful. The pace was just right (not a hint of rushing but not where-the-heck-is-my-food either). The decor is clubby sophistication mixed with "aloha" casual. There is complimentary valet parking. The only downside for us was how packed / loud it was...we agreed we will go earlier next time to try to avoid that (our reservations were for 7:45pm, and the bar crowd was in full throat by then).

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful experience there. The food was delicious ! The pineapple upside down cake was outstanding. Our waiter was very attentive. Our friends recommended it to us. I'm very glad that they did !