“So happy I ate here”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #347 of 3,883 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dr Phillips Blvd.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Loved the Trio fish sampler (can't remember the name right now)...just delicious! But the best are the ribs...geez! Can't tell you how good those are...you just have to try them yourself! That shouldn't be an appetizer, that should be a full-on meal! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have been regulars at Roy's for years and I don't usually review local restaurants. Let me start by saying that this is the best Roy's of all... Danno and his team do an awesome job and have it all over the Hawaiians. It has probably been four months since we have been since the menu has been so stable for years. But tonight we got the treat of something new! Only one sushi dish, some new fish offerings and allot more meat. Started with Mai Tai's for the 1st time in ages, what a kick! We can't come here without having the calamari appetizer... world class. We tried the new Bi Bim Bap (shortribs) which was a little under spiced but I ordered some extra sauce and it straightened it right out. A little poke in between, always a treat. We both had the new seafood hot pot and it was delicious... lobster, clam, shrimp, and mussels over noodles in a well seasoned broth. Order a little extra if you like it more soupy. And, the chocolate bomb (soufflé) is always a nice way to end. They have a great Cabernet Franc (Chinon, 2007) on the wine menu which also had some other new offerings. If you haven't been or been for awhile, go check it out. :-)

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have been to the Roy's in Tampa as well as Orlando. and it never disappoints. Service is unchallenged and likewise w/ the cuisine. We arrived for Aloha Hour in Orlando prior to our meal and the options we chose were delicious. Starting w/ the Hawaiian Martini, which was beyond perfection - just be careful - the pineapple which has been infusing the vodka = moonshine absorption powers. We opted for the smoked mahi tacos, Ebi roll and lobster potstickers during Aloha Hour and all were ultra tasty. However, as an observation the tacos were sltly on the micro side (even for an app) and uber-crispy=crumbly. All were excellent in the sense of flavor, We ultimately opted for the Shutome (broadbill swordfish) entree which was nothing short of phenomenal both in Tampa & Orlando. I believe it is flown in DAILY frm Hawaii and it shows! We live in S Fl & are fish *snobs* yes I said it - wish there was a Roy's in the Keys to put all of the other restaurants to shame. Bottom line: GO.

1  Thank FLrez
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Coming from Miami and the Beach, I am used to what I call Chi-chi restaurants which are those that charge quite a lot, have the waiters talk quite a lot and give you very small portions. While the food was good, I chuckled when I saw the salad for $12 which may have had a few morsels of shrimp along with a few of arugula and when I saw the scallops entree with perhaps 4 or 5 smallish scallops. The salad and the scallops tasted fine, but the time it took to eat them was substantially less than the time it took for the waiter to explain the dishes. The Mango Mojito was expensive and filled with soda water tasting little like a Cuban Mojito or even like Mango. The cheesecake was the size of a mini cupcake but far more expensive. WHile they had a prix fixe of $29,99 which I would heartily recommend as the entree cost as much, I still thought it to be overpriced and a bit pretentious. THe staff were friendly and very good about clearing the dishes while not hurrying the guests, a plus over most restaurants. This is just the way most of the restaurants of this ilk are and while noone needs to be fed dishes the size of Cheesecake Factory, maybe something in between with less song and dance.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food was excellent. Had the mong-chong special. Edamame as soon as we sat down. Everything was mouth watering.